Gibson Brands Forums

NGD, a double-cut of all things

sparquelito

Oh man.
This arrived today via UPS from Portland, Oregon.

Zach Smith of Valley Guitars did a great job of packing and shipping, and also with truth in advertising.
It's just as described, which is fantastic.
A great guitar.
I love it.

I sold two guitars and a fretless bass in order to own this beauty.
I'll post fresh photos from my home here, tonight or tomorrow.

https://reverb.com/item/68818496-gibson-les-paul-special-double-cutaway-2015-vintage-sunburst

🙂

• Like 2

Those are great guitars!  I have one I got  in 2016 when they were blowing out the 2015s.  I also got a Junior at the same time.  The Junior is amazing with its well earned reputation.  I thought this LP Special would be pretty much the same thing but a little more versatile with the second pup.  But it really seems to be a different animal. 

AJFCJaX8UEygo8t6etCbVKMv_koYeJuNa8MuAF9K

• Like 2

Cool.. Does it still have the robot tuners?

If it wernt for the wide necks I would almost certainly have bought a 2015 (and replaced the tuners probably immediately  😄 ). In fact I see them on  Reverb all the time but know I wont get on with that neck (and yes I did try a few when they came out)..

But lovely guitars apart from that. Its one thing I do remember about the 2015s. I dont know what they were doing extra but the fit and finish of every one I saw was  absolutely flawless.

Edited by Rabs
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Rabs said:

Cool.. Does it still have the robot tuners?

If it wernt for the wide necks I would almost certainly have bought a 2015 (and replaced the tuners probably immediately  😄 ). In fact I see them on  Reverb all the time but know I wont get on with that neck (and yes I did try a few when they came out)..

But lovely guitars apart from that. Its one thing I do remember about the 2015s. I dont know what they were doing extra but the fit and finish of every one I saw was  absolutely flawless.

The seller sent me the original nut and robot G Force Tuners.

But it now has Hipshot locking tuners and a tusq nut installed.
And I like them a lot.

Really liking this guitar.

🤔

• Like 2

Congrats on the DC. I played a bunch of those early in 2015. I was checking out many Gibsons at that time.

You got this from the uk ?! Surprising.

I know you like the simplified 2 knob circuit as I do. The wide necks appeal to me too. Those USA cases are some of the best ever as well. 

Looking fwd to the pics. [smile]

Edited by merciful-evans
  • Like 1

On 5/25/2023 at 2:59 AM, merciful-evans said:

You got this from the uk ?! Surprising.

Looking fwd to the pics. [smile]

No sir, I got it from Portland, Oregon, not the Isle of Portland, UK.

So, after owning and playing her for a few days.

* Wide, slender neck. I adapted to it immediately, and love it.
* The Hipshot locking tuners are seriously tall, but I like how they look and work. The thing stays in tune.
* When I first saw the 2015 LP100 headstock logo back in the day, I didn't like it. It has since grown on me, and I'm fond of the holograph of Les himself on the back.
* Fantastic P90 tones. Even better than the Yamaha Revstar I sold off in order to get this guitar.
And that's saying a lot.
* She's got the just-right combination of gorgeous wood finish and some dings and flaws.
That means I won't be precious with it, afraid to haul it to gigs for fear of putting fingerprints on it.

I really love this guitar.
I'm very glad that I found her.
🙂

lp-special-1-jpg.693418

hipshot-tuners-jpg.693419

lp-special-headstock-jpg.693420

• Like 1

I must have seen a different one when I used your link, that was a red one. Though I like red guitars, I think I prefer your natural burst on the DC Special.

Those tuners look great. 

I eventually replaced the G-Force on my 2015 LP after three & a half years. 

I hope you enjoy it for a long time. 👍

• 4 weeks later...