Gibson Brands Forums

HP Sauce

sparquelito

9 hours ago, CROWB8 said:

$18.33 lb. ? I've made similar purchases before. Somethings are worth it, maybe it is, but, ouch!

Edit.

Kinda jumped the gun there. Taylor has their own site.

$28.75 for 3lbs.

https://www.thetaylorhamman.com/Taylor-Ham-Pork-Roll-_c_84.html

Prolly costs a purdy penny shipping to stay cold.

I can get it in the store for about $14.99 lb. Before the world when mask crazy it was about $10.99 lb.

11 hours ago, Retired said:

Ketchup? Rarely. I like trying different BBQ sauces. AI? I do love it. Don't like Heinz 57 but Deb loves it. 

I was referring to what I put on fries.  So do you try different BBQ sauces on your fries, or were you changing the subject?  [wink]

Whitefang

16 hours ago, sparquelito said:

I love chilled pickled beets, on the side of a good salad.

And Brussels Sprouts are fantastic, if prepared properly.

Love them.
🙂

I'm with you on the pickled beets.  But not the sprouts.

540f575e-7db1-4c28-b24d-7c266942618f_1.d

Whitefang

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Whitefang said:

I'm with you on the pickled beets.  But not the sprouts.

540f575e-7db1-4c28-b24d-7c266942618f_1.d

Whitefang

Just to balance that up. I have to say that I'm with him on the sprouts, but not the beets. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

BBQ- ing burgers tonight. I have no HP sauce. Maybe I’ll put a splash of Worcestershire on them before grilling. What do you guys in the UK call BBQ-ing? You have cool words for stuff.

Brits, the ones I worked with anyway, were fond of the term, "barbeque" when it came to describing a cook out or grilling of meats.

But I'll stand by for the definitive answer from the real experts over there across the pond.

🤔

sddefault.jpg

16 hours ago, sparquelito said:

Brits, the ones I worked with anyway, were fond of the term, "barbeque" when it came to describing a cook out or grilling of meats.

But I'll stand by for the definitive answer from the real experts over there across the pond.

🤔

sddefault.jpg

The Brits sure do love dressing up as chicks. I guess we do over in the USA too.

2 hours ago, jdgm said:

One thing that hasn't been mentioned -

in the UK we used to have (and some still do) bread sauce with chicken.

Do you have bread sauce in the USA?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bread_sauce

No we have gravy. Made from drippings off the turkey or chicken and thickened with a bit of flour.

1 hour ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

No we have gravy. Made from drippings off the turkey or chicken and thickened with a bit of flour.

Allow me to explain what American gravy is all about.

Well.
Jeff Foxworthy and friends will technically explain it to our friends from across the pond.

😐

Edited by sparquelito
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, sparquelito said:

Allow me to explain what American gravy is all about.

Well.
Jeff Foxworthy and friends will technically explain it to our friends from across the pond.

😐

Anything ending in a food fight is great. Anything.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, merciful-evans said:

this is my favourite thread right now.

Oyster sauce has not been mentioned yet. 

How about Lumpia with banana ketchup. I used to tear up lumpia when I pulled into the Phillippines.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, merciful-evans said:

this is my favourite thread right now.

Oyster sauce has not been mentioned yet. 

OYSTER SAUCE!

There. Happy? 🙃🙃🙃🙃🙃🙃🙃🙃🙃

Edited by CROWB8

17 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

You forgot also the drippings off the ham, pot roast and pork loin.  And cornstarch instead of flour works well too.

And since Sarge supposedly lives in the South, I question his omitting  any mention of sausage gravy.  [huh]

Southern-Sausage-Gravy-Recipe-3.jpg

That sausage gravy over fresh biscuits is a breakfast delicacy.   

b5ef79ee41d322e5ca6f5791932c4a4c.jpg

Whitefang

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Whitefang said:

You forgot also the drippings off the ham, pot roast and pork loin.  And cornstarch instead of flour works well too.

And since Sarge supposedly lives in the South, I question his omitting  any mention of sausage gravy.  [huh]

Southern-Sausage-Gravy-Recipe-3.jpg

That sausage gravy over fresh biscuits is a breakfast delicacy.   

b5ef79ee41d322e5ca6f5791932c4a4c.jpg

Whitefang

So good and so bad for you.

Yes I live in The South, but I do not, I repeat no do not identify as a Southerner. 

• Like 1