Gibson Brands Forums

Gibsons Pricing policy

sugarcool6

18 hours ago, jvi said:

were the people mentioned above guitar players or  just a hijack ?

Hunter Biden, Al Capone. .. .    Americanisms.   Like the term  'hijack' .    Like the Bird Man of Alcatraz.     I thought, here in "The Lounge" we were allowed to stray from pure guitar stuff to other things as long as they were not religious, political or fattening?   

1 hour ago, fortyearspickn said:

Hunter Biden, Al Capone. .. .    Americanisms.   Like the term  'hijack' .    Like the Bird Man of Alcatraz.     I thought, here in "The Lounge" we were allowed to stray from pure guitar stuff to other things as long as they were not religious, political or fattening?   

Nope, we got rules here. Here is #7. You think I make it this up. Its a forum rule. 

7. Posts must be on topic to the thread subject.

You forgot Nancy Pelosi and her husband. 

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Haha 2

58 minutes ago, fortyearspickn said:

go ahead hate yer own....

• 2 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, badbluesplayer said:

If this place had an empty dumpster and a life coach, half of us would be talking with the life coach and half of us would be looking into the empty dumpster to see how it smells.

And earlier ...  "Ten percent of you guys want anarchy and the other ninety percent want what they tell you to want. "

Can I assume the 'anarchy guys'  are in the 'life coach' group ?   I'm assuming the 'dumpster sniffers'  are in the 'want what they tell you to want' group.    Some days, I wake up in different groups.  Sometimes, all four at the same time ! 

I think most of us would just like to stop arguing about everything and hating half the people all the time, most here are doing pretty well if all the guitars we have are an indicator, so be glad ,be positve  have hope....

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, fortyearspickn said:

And earlier ...  "Ten percent of you guys want anarchy and the other ninety percent want what they tell you to want. "

Can I assume the 'anarchy guys'  are in the 'life coach' group ?   I'm assuming the 'dumpster sniffers'  are in the 'want what they tell you to want' group.    Some days, I wake up in different groups.  Sometimes, all four at the same time ! 

No, but you should understand about inflation, cause you're as smart as anybody about business.  

The inflation thing happened when the gov't gave a bunch of money to businesses during the pandemic instead of giving it to the consumers at the bottom of the economic chain.  And there's two ways to explain why that caused the inflationary bump.

The first is the "too much money chasing too few goods" way.  If they give the money to the comsumer, they'd make the businesses do something for their money, make some goods.  They could have bought some new couches and TV's.  Instead, they gave the cash to businesses like the travel industry when they were already ready to hunker down for a one-in-a-hundred-years event.  No goods, high inflation.  Give money to airlines?  Really?

The second way to look at it is the EC101 way.  The first thing they tell you in economics is that the people at the bottom of the econnomic chain spend their money at a higher rate.  Their money turns over faster and they're smarter with their money.  Big money is dumb money.  The healthiest economy happens when the rich guys earn their money and then lend it to the guys at the bottom.  My son nabbed 300 grand from that payroll employee program, or whatever it was, for his restaurant while they were going to scrape by anyway.  Just 'cause he has more savvy than somebody else.  That doesn't help the economy as a whole.  Now he's driving a new BMW and his friends call him Daddy.  They could have given the money to his customers and he would have earned it and been just as happy.

Now money is tight.  There is surely not much "printing money" going on.  It's the pandemic programs that caused inflation.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, badbluesplayer said:

No, but you should understand about inflation, cause you're as smart as anybody about business.  

The inflation thing happened when the gov't gave a bunch of money to businesses during the pandemic instead of giving it to the consumers at the bottom of the economic chain.  And there's two ways to explain why that caused the inflationary bump.

The first is the "too much money chasing too few goods" way.  If they give the money to the comsumer, they'd make the businesses do something for their money, make some goods.  They could have bought some new couches and TV's.  Instead, they gave the cash to businesses like the travel industry when they were already ready to hunker down for a one-in-a-hundred-years event.  No goods, high inflation.  Give money to airlines?  Really?

The second way to look at it is the EC101 way.  The first thing they tell you in economics is that the people at the bottom of the econnomic chain spend their money at a higher rate.  Their money turns over faster and they're smarter with their money.  Big money is dumb money.  The healthiest economy happens when the rich guys earn their money and then lend it to the guys at the bottom.  My son nabbed 300 grand from that payroll employee program, or whatever it was, for his restaurant while they were going to scrape by anyway.  Just 'cause he has more savvy than somebody else.  That doesn't help the economy as a whole.  Now he's driving a new BMW and his friends call him Daddy.  They could have given the money to his customers and he would have earned it and been just as happy.

Now money is tight.  There is surely not much "printing money" going on.  It's the pandemic programs that caused inflation.

Agree.  The Pandemic handouts - so many varying forms and recipients -  are what started the ball rolling.  No need to 'print money'. We are almost cashless now. Except for small purchases - lunch money.  Banks certainly got fatter with all this. All they need to do is take a small 'service fee'.  Charge the vendor and the customer too !  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, fortyearspickn said:

Agree.  The Pandemic handouts - so many varying forms and recipients -  are what started the ball rolling.  No need to 'print money'. We are almost cashless now. Except for small purchases - lunch money.  Banks certainly got fatter with all this. All they need to do is take a small 'service fee'.  Charge the vendor and the customer too !  

With Credit Cards charging up to 30% & even more that's no small fee...

Being locked down & getting free money caused People to Consume... Supply & Demand dictate Prices.. Nothing was being built so People would pay crazy prices to get what they lusted for.. I did too.. But, my rule is if I can't pay Cash I don't buy... That keeps me in check.. Sort of.. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, badbluesplayer said:

If this place had an empty dumpster and a life coach, half of us would be talking with the life coach and half of us would be looking into the empty dumpster to see how it smells.

Regarding "smells"; Good Bad smells are a man thing. See below.

20 hours ago, badbluesplayer said:

The inflation thing happened when the gov't gave a bunch of money to businesses during the pandemic instead of giving it to the consumers 

They put thousands of dollars in everybody's accounts.

You missed that?

• Thanks 1

On 10/2/2023 at 9:04 AM, Murph said:

They put thousands of dollars in everybody's accounts.

You missed that?

And not once, but twice. Yeah my kids get to inherit that debt.

Is it really debt? The Gov't is never going to actually pay it off. But if we don't pay . . .

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

And not once, but twice. Yeah my kids get to inherit that debt.

Is it really debt? The Gov't is never going to actually pay it off. But if we don't pay . . .

We are currently paying $213 BILLION on the interest alone this year! We aren’t even touching the National Debts Principle! It will be more next year!

I’ll never comprehend why we spend more than we make?

https://www.cnn.com/2023/02/14/politics/interest-payments-federal-debt/index.html

• Like 1

Way some folks here talk sounds like they cant afford food or a car, maybe people on here should (sometimes ) remember and be thankful they arnt  poor and that in spite of higher prices most of us are better off than 90% of the world.  Constant whinning is not helping the whiners or the world and not feeding anyone anything but bs is a pity party on yourselves  CHEER UP AND BE GRATEFUL ONCE IN A WHILE !!!   lefty out !

• Confused 1

So its 2023 has any country with smart elected officials ever solved pollution, drug addiction, homelessness, bigotry, racism, sexism, mysoginy, affordable housing, and decent wages? Nope, and we never will in my, your, or my kids lifetime. Its not whining its called living with what you were delt. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

So its 2023 has any country with smart elected officials ever solved pollution, drug addiction, homelessness, bigotry, racism, sexism, mysoginy, affordable housing, and decent wages? Nope, and we never will in my, your, or my kids lifetime. Its not whining its called living with what you were delt. 

it seems like looking for the bad and ignoring the good , - when the talk is allways about what we cant have or dont like  we  can forget what we do have, and how lucky we  are-  making yourself angry isnt gonna help and bums people out,  the constant complaing going on is destructive to your happiness-  lefty jvi says  have a nice day.

• Confused 1

"The more the people are discontented with the oppression of taxes, the greater the need the prince has of money to distribute among his partisans that are to suppress all resistance and enable him to plunder at pleasure."

Ben Franklin.

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, jvi said:

tax the rich

feed the poor

till there are no

rich no more.

ten years after quote  

Great song, great band, nice sentiment, but it doesn't happen exactly like that. The rich get taxed, but since rich have lawyers and accountants to maneuver through the legal loopholes of taxation. I am not rich, so I don't. 

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

10 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

nice sentiment, but it doesn't happen exactly like that. 

Bingo.

People get addicted to free food. And free stuff. Then they "vote" for more free stuff.

Hunger is a great motivator.

Get a J.O.B. 

Buy yer own stuff.

• Upvote 1