Gibson Brands Forums

Your strat-picture thread

3374990608_26d68856b6.jpg?v=0

American Standard - 1993. I call her Carolyn.

3375030716_7916545698.jpg?v=0

Humbuckers from a 72 Tele Deluxe - Homebuilt with all American parts.

Gibson pots and selector switch, Schaller/Fender locking tuners.

3375030724_0571f591bf.jpg?v=0

Dove P-90's from Fender in an Ash body - Homebuilt with all American parts.

Gibson pots and selector switch, Schaller/Fender locking tuners.[/b]

3377788576_580fa4c991_m.jpg3377788582_6ac3c16008_m.jpg

Ash Tele, just because....

2673903620100337768S500x500Q85.jpg

My first Real Electric and my first Real Amplifier. Before that I was running the Strat through a TS10 Tube Screamer into a Portable Stereo (AKA Ghetto Blaster).

{edit} that's an '88 American Standard with a Kahler Spyder. FSR for Guitar Center.

I bet I've had a dozen or more, from a '64 that was brush painted black (I refinished it in Dupont Dakota Red) to a pile of American Stds from the 90s & such. My only current Strat Wannabe is a $60 '99 Affinity I upgraded with Gotohs, a bone nut, and a new decal. It's a POS but the neck is freakin' marvelous and it just has a thicker meatier tone than the 'real' Strats I've owned in the past 5 years or so. I'm constantly tightening up the pots & switch, no idea why they shake apart. It's worth every penny of the $60 I paid so the trailer trash could go buy some smoke for the weekend.

I currently have a boner for another Strat but a real one this time. A black/maple '79 hardtail would turn my crank but they've been fetching $1000-1500 of late. I rank that one high because it would remind me of my teen years. I did get a spanking new Tele for h.s graduation in '78 but the black Strat reminds me of the whole skinny tie Knack Kingbees era. Equally hornifying would be an '87 American Std in Candy Apple Red, which would drum up visions of the 'newborn' Post-CBS era and also the Great Strat Panic of '87.

I want either.

Here's my cheap asian non-Fender Fender thing.

newsquier.jpg

The new Billy Corgan strat in my recent Sweetwater catalog is a hardtail with 3 Dimarzio buckers in it. It's the only hardtail (new) I can find.

That thing isn't very good. I would have actually bought it if it was like the one he used to play. The one I replicated that has become synonomous with his sound has Lace Sensor pickups in it. Those Dimarzio's aren't so good. The new Fender BC strat that they released last year isn't selling very well yet they raised the price 300.00. Makes no sense.

There's a couple nice Signature Strats. Looks like the SRV gets a lot of play.

2668472790100337768S500x500Q85.jpg

Buddy Guy Strat. It's MIM' date=' not quite the quality of the EC, SRV, or MIA Buddy, but it's the only Red with White Polka Dots Strat on my block.[/quote']

That Polka Dot is cool!

My wife likes it and always says" get one like that". Although I'm a great Buddy Guy fan

I already got two Strats and the EC sounds so versatile amazing with the TBX that it can not get

any better.

However the SRV was my first Strat after they stole my Gretsch out of my truck in Vancouver.

I almost changed the pickguard but then didn't. Changed the pickups to custom made by copperhead

and now get the real old style SRV tone. Yeah, played the sh*t out of it and enjoyed it.

Rock on!!

3470000724_102fff14be_o.jpg

Left to right: Custom built basswood 50's reissue white hardtail w/ Clapton electronics, 1960 alder 3-tone sunburst(a real one, NOT a reissue), custom built Custom Shop ash '54 reissue prototype 2-tone 'burst w/ Clapton electronics.

That Polka Dot is cool!

My wife likes it and always says" get one like that". Although I'm a great Buddy Guy fan

I already got two Strats and the EC sounds so versatile amazing with the TBX that it can not get

any better.

However the SRV was my first Strat after they stole my Gretsch out of my truck in Vancouver.

I almost changed the pickguard but then didn't. Changed the pickups to custom made by copperhead

and now get the real old style SRV tone. Yeah' date=' played the sh*t out of it and enjoyed it.

Rock on!![/quote']

Thanks! Kids and Women love that guitar. I usually pull it out for Christmas or to show it off (It's not my frontline player). {edit} it cuold be, it has a great neck and the pickups are slightly hotter than normal Standards (at least thats what the Musicians friend description said.)

I'm thinking about buying my first strat... Its a black Road-Worn taco strat..... But I will get some different pups

I received a nice email and a long suspension from another guitar forum using the term 'Taco Strat' as you just did.

Amazing what goes on in a public forum' date=' then some hyper-sensitive Nanny type gets his panties in a bunch over [b']that?[/b]

This thread is so NOT giving me any GAS...

There was a time (actually it was only 2 months) when I was gassing for strats... then I got 2 (one from a store to try her out, the other one came to me by chance)... took one back after less than a week. Kept the other, not much I could do about it, but I think I'll never GAS for a strat shaped guitar again... just not my thing.

Some of the guitars posted are really nice tho... (wonder where are the 2 magnificent strats owned by 2 old timers...)

Archived