Gibson Brands Forums

Authentic or fake Gibson LP

Kurital

Hi guys,

I finally bought my dream guitar - Gibson Slash Victoria Les Paul Gold Top. I did a lot of research before buying this beauty, however I'm still not sure if I get an authentic product.

Please help me identify it. (I'm not receiving it yet, the retailer just sent me some pictures before shipping for confirmation)mmexport1699937389310-02.thumb.jpeg.7a7fc5585bd719ec8a7d93c45038b65b.jpeg

I’m strongly leaning towards real based on picture showing the back of the headstock - how the thing was constructed should be apparent from this view. To remove doubt I’d want to see what’s behind that truss rod cover. It better be a 5/16” nut or I would hard pass. Good luck!

Edited by NighthawkChris

1 hour ago, NighthawkChris said:

I’m strongly leaning towards real based on picture showing the back of the headstock - how the thing was constructed should be apparent from this view. To remove doubt I’d want to see what’s behind that truss rod cover. It better be a 5/16” nut or I would hard pass. Good luck!

Thanks for helping! I'll take a picture of the truss rod cover once I have it ; )

7 hours ago, Kurital said:

I did a lot of research before buying this beauty, however I'm still not sure if I get an authentic product.

Not sure if its real, and you bought it anyway, and now you want to know? The money is spent, and the check has cleared. Its yours fake or real.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Not sure if its real, and you bought it anyway, and now you want to know? The money is spent, and the check has cleared. Its yours fake or real.

I did buy it, but the local stores didn't have it in their inventory, so they ordered from like a vendor. 

If it's fake, I'll certainly need a refund : @

8 hours ago, Kurital said:

what's going on?

My apologies.

I just got back from a grueling trip (driving by Transit Van) to Satellite Beach and back.

13 hours down, 12 hours back, and not enough of a rest in between.
I was tired, sleep-deprived, and near delirious.

The thread is fine.

XFFhpCe.png

My liver,  I think.

Eventually anyway.
😔

Untitled.gif

• Haha 1

On 11/14/2023 at 8:30 AM, Kurital said:

Me either, but I had no options, no inventory in local stores.  I'll update once it arrives.

Of course you had options. 

One that immediately came to mind was not to buy this particular model of guitar until one was available from an absolutely unimpeachable and trustworthy source.

No one ever died because they didn't buy a particular guitar at a particular time.

RBSinTo 

Edited by RBSinTo
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

This place needs only 5 threads:

1. Is my guitar fake?

2. What ________ should I get? Could be picks, strings, a Gibson model ect.

3. How did this get past QA?

4. NGD

5. I saw the Mothman.

That's it.

Well, there is number six.

6. Which one of you sons of b1tches keeps posting these LIyAzxI.png at the bottom of my posts??

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, sparquelito said:

Well, there is number six.

6. Which one of you sons of b1tches keeps posting these LIyAzxI.png at the bottom of my posts??

I've asked, and some admit to posting it, but most post an emoji and run instead of typing words to explain their emotion. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

/\ /\ /\ /\

The defense rests.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

3 minutes ago, kidblast said:

If you're still concerned about this guitars authenticity,  anything that's NOT a USA Gibson make/model will have an Allen Wrench fitting to adjust the truss rod.

That's usually as far as you need to look to confirm right now anyway.

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh now everyone even the sneaky Chinese fakers will know.

If China can fake everything under the Sun, why can they not fake US size bolts, threads, and nuts?

Edited by Sgt. Pepper