Gibson Brands Forums

Seaweed Sunburst

I dont often like blue guitars, but this mod shop LP in Seaweed Sunburst looks right (to me anyway). 

RAM022394-1.jpg?w=1200&h=1200

https://www.gibson.com/en-GB/Electric-Guitar/MOD-RAM022394/Seaweed-Sunburst

In fact I like the finishes on a bunch of the current offerings. Even some of the crazy ones. Or maybe I'm just in a good mood? Not good enough to buy one, just looking.

• Like 4

I like it, too, Merciful.

I had a Fender bass in the early 80's custom painted by an award winning auto painter in the Phoenix area with a translucent blue, with a fading silver base color that was really a conversation piece.

I dig it.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Murph said:

I like it, too, Merciful.

I had a Fender bass in the early 80's custom painted by an award winning auto painter in the Phoenix area with a translucent blue, with a fading silver base color that was really a conversation piece.

I dig it.

When I bought my P-Bass back about 1985 or so, it was found by my parents' next door neighbor under the bed in a bedroom of a house he evicted some guys from.  

Was black, and beat to death.   

I stripped it down completely, had the body painted at work....our DuPont paint salesman got me a quart of "Firemist Blue" (a Cadillac color), laquor.   I refinished the Maple neck and bought new decals for it.   I paid $100 for it.... got it painted for free.....did have to buy a case....cost me $65.    It's the bass I'm playing in my profile photo.

I hope one of my grandkids ends up playing bass.

• Like 2

On 1/4/2024 at 10:48 AM, merciful-evans said:

I dont often like blue guitars, but this mod shop LP in Seaweed Sunburst looks right (to me anyway). 

In fact I like the finishes on a bunch of the current offerings. Even some of the crazy ones. Or maybe I'm just in a good mood? Not good enough to buy one, just looking.

I like it.... I don't care what someone named it.

4 minutes ago, Murph said:

That would be great, to pass it down, and have it loved and played.

👍

EXACTLY!   

There are three of them.....and because they'll inherit all my 'stuff', I record the videos so they'll be able to see their old grandad playing 'their' guitars!

On 1/4/2024 at 6:48 PM, merciful-evans said:

This blue colour is pretty much identical to the blue used for most of the Chinery Blue Guitar collection......:-k

• Like 1

On 1/4/2024 at 12:48 PM, merciful-evans said:

I'm with you on this one.

Not normally a fan of blue guitars, but seriously liking that odd burst there.

❤️

Great looking Guitar.. Although, I spend a lot of time at the Beach & have never seen Seaweed that color..

Maybe something like Sunburst Azul..

Edited by Larsongs

I want the Bob Ross Happy Little Cloud Burst.

Anyone remember another guy who painted on TV and his thing was he used big brushes to paint and called them "Mighty Brush"?

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

On 1/9/2024 at 1:50 PM, Larsongs said:

Great looking Guitar.. Although, I spend a lot of time at the Beach & have never seen Seaweed that color..

Maybe something like Sunburst Azul..

Yes. Seaweed burst is a misnomer. I live on the coast and see (and smell) them daily. 

OP58a-Seaweeds-1130x1600.jpg