Gibson Brands Forums

AGF member posts his Murphy Lab 1960 Bird. Wow

Congratulations on that beautiful sounding Guitar.. I’ve always liked Hummingbirds..

Are these the same build as the Historic 60’s Hummingbirds? And sound the same?

Edited by Larsongs

I have the CS Hummingbird 1960 Fixed Bridge model.  It has surpassed all expectations.  Something that I noticed is that it sounds great consistently in all YouTube  demo videos. I think Gibson Montana figured out this formula just right and are like “okay, so that’s how we do them!”  I have played a few Hummingbird Original and Hummingbird Standard models and they all sound a little different.  The 1960 Fixed Bridge is a fairly decent bump up price-wise, but the tone and feel are very different. I encourage anyone who’s a fan of the Gibson acoustic tones to go check them out.

IMG_4521.jpeg

IMG_4524.jpeg

Oh, my, that sounds fantastic. Wow, that is a beautiful sound! I have been drooling over my Martin D28 sound of late but this Gibson is giving me gas. I will be in Nashville in the near future, I wish I could find one to try.

Edited by livemusic

On 1/17/2024 at 8:48 AM, livemusic said:

Oh, my, that sounds fantastic. Wow, that is a beautiful sound! I have been drooling over my Martin D28 sound of late but this Gibson is giving me gas. I will be in Nashville in the near future, I wish I could find one to try.

Well, the good news is that they all seem to be pretty consistent, unlike some of the other Historics like J-45s or Advanced Jumbos where there seems to be much more variance.