Gibson Brands Forums

Favorite band that is Not Well Known?

pumpkin

AXE - I *like* Tesla and some of their songs, but was never a huge fan. A guy I was in a band with years ago was really into them but they just never caught on with me which is kind of weird because they have all the ingredients of the type of band I like - good, honest rockin', crunchy guitars and a great singer.

While far from lesser known, Candlebox has disappeared from radio but is still going strong. They played my venue (www.jannuslandingconcerts.com) last night and were absolutely great. Original line up, great crew, nice bunch of guys that actually give a **** about their fans and they played their asses off for 2 hours. If they are coming to your town check them out, you won't regret it. they covered a jane's addiction tune in the first encore and the crowd went nuts. sounded better than the original. lotta fun, i kid you not.

as far as under the radar bands go, masters of reality put out 2 great cds that you can't go wrong with. it's shame they broke up.

Gov't Mule.

I know everybody here probably knows who they are because of Warren Haynes. I was trying to get some people at work to go to one of their shows with me in July, and the unanimous response was "Who? What kind of music do they play?"

So if you haven't checked them out, please do.

Archived