Gibson Brands Forums

Super Bowl

Sgt, not to change the subject but I wanted to say, Steely Dan must have gotten better as it was reported that they are playing the warm up band for the Eagles last tour. We see them in concert this Saturday. Then the wife got tickets to see the Doobie Brothers with Michael McDonald at the next concert hear coming up. Then our Symphony Orchestra is playing with some band downtown that are playing Chicago's music. Deb just got me a ticket for $40.00 to see them. She has to work that concert so we won't be sitting together.

Steve "Mongo" McMichael was accepted into the Pro Football Hall of fame today!  He is the 7th '85 Bears player to make it into the Hall of Fame.  Mongo has advanced ALS and is paralyzed below the neck. He cannot speak, breath, or eat on his own. Let's pray that Mongo is able to make it to Canton for his induction. God Bless his wife Misty and all those who have diligently cared for Steve as his health has declined.

Edited by Sheepdog1969
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Retired said:

Sgt, not to change the subject but I wanted to say, Steely Dan must have gotten better as it was reported that they are playing the warm up band for the Eagles last tour. We see them in concert this Saturday. Then the wife got tickets to see the Doobie Brothers with Michael McDonald at the next concert hear coming up. Then our Symphony Orchestra is playing with some band downtown that are playing Chicago's music. Deb just got me a ticket for $40.00 to see them. She has to work that concert so we won't be sitting together.

Its been a while, so I would expect that Donald Fagan would be better by now. I saw Dan several years back. It was spot on perfect as you would expect from them.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Its been a while, so I would expect that Donald Fagan would be better by now. I saw Dan several years back. It was spot on perfect as you would expect from them.

Can hardly wait. My hearing aid gal put in Loop in my cell phone. My cell phone works with my aids. Loop is put in several places for people like me. So I can go to LOOP  and hear them singing and talking on stage and it goes right in both aides.  best thing they did.  Gee, Maybe we should put Loop in our house so I can hear my wife? LOL

• Like 1

22 hours ago, PrairieDog said:

I know I said I was sitting out, but all you have to do to send a Vikings fan sobbing into their beer is say two words: Field Goal

Growing up in the Twin Cities and being a Viqueens fan for many years, the two words that had me sobbing in my beer were: Super Bowl.  

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, PrairieDog said:

Grin, well yeah, that always kinda goes without saying… 

Not to worry.  At the same time, I was also a Houston Oilers fan for many years.  And remembering the old AFL, I used to enjoy the Raiders vs Chiefs games.  No punches pulled.  I watched and remembered the game where Ben Davidson speared Len Dawson.  Quite a scene at the time.  After watching the Chief defeat the Viqueens in their (Viqueens) first Super Bowl, I automatically pulled for the Raiders.  Then the Raiders squashed the Viqueens, so I felt compelled to remain neutral in the rivalry.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, SteveFord said:

The Chiefs wake up at the end.

That was a good game with a great finish.

That was the way it was scripted. Last era N E, now its the Chef's. 

I had to take so many tokes due to Brady and Taylor. 

23 minutes ago, RBSinTo said:

Super Bowl.

That's football right?

Don't ever follow that stuff, didn't plan to watch, and fortunately had my own hockey game to play in last night so I manged yet again, to miss it.

RBSinTo

You guys have your own version up there. Only 8 teams I believe. 

Only the team gets get a fancy Grey Cup for winning. Its all about cups with the Canadian's. Some guy named Lord Stanley has a cup too.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

3 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

You guys have your own version up there. Only 8 teams I believe. 

Only the team gets get a fancy Grey Cup for winning. Its all about cups with the Canadian's. Some guy named Lord Stanley has a cup too.

Chief,

It is called the CFL (Canadian Football League) and differs from American Football in that it has only three downs, rather than four. There are other differences, but I don't follow it, so I can't describe them.

The CFL  is really nothing more than minor league football, with most players being either Americans who aren't good enough to play in the NFL, and  Canadians because there are quotas for each teams rosters.

Yes we have a lot of sports cups up here in The Great White North:

Football-Grey Cup,

Hockey-Stanley Cup,

Lacrosse (which is actually our national sport)-Mann Cup,

My Goalie Jockstrap- RBSinTo's Cup

RBSinTo

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, RBSinTo said:

Chief,

It is called the CFL (Canadian Football League) and differs from American Football in that it has only three downs, rather than four. There are other differences, but I don't follow it, so I can't describe them.

The CFL  is really nothing more than minor league football, with most players being either Americans who aren't good enough to play in the NFL, and  Canadians because there are quotas for each teams rosters.

Yes we have a lot of sports cups up here in The Great White North:

Football-Grey Cup,

Hockey-Stanley Cup,

Lacrosse (which is actually our national sport)-Mann Cup,

My Goalie Jockstrap- RBSinTo's Cup

RBSinTo

I just looked and Lacrosse is your summer national sport. So its a sport for about a month then back to hockey.