Gibson Brands Forums

Peter Frampton Gibson video

Great video! Lots of cool guitars and stories from Peter. A real history lesson. Can't think of a better way to kill an hour and a half on a Friday afternoon at work!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SteveFord said:

I'll have to watch this one.

Earlier today I listened to Humble Pie, Rockin' The Fillmore.  He had such interesting guitar lines for a rock band, I always enjoyed his playing.

That album is so good to listen to on the couch with a guitar in your hands. Peter’s playing has a really good balance of being easy enough for a casual player but still really interesting and satisfying 

I always learn something listening to that album

• Like 1

I still listen to FrampToon Comes Alive regularly.  A great live record in a time of great live records.

Right before the live one came out, Mrs saw him at Glassboro State College, $6.00 a ticket, only a couple hundred people in a 2000 seat theater, that same band on the live record.

Well, she wasn't Mrs yet, in fact we weren't even dating yet, but, you know.

rct

• Like 3

I have really enjoyed watching Peter Frampton interviews over the years, and this is one of the best ones.

He's such a lovely and good man, and his passion for playing and performing (and recording, and collecting) with guitars is infectious.

I play his instrumental album Fingerprints about once a month.
It's brilliant.

🙂

16 hours ago, rct said:

I still listen to FrampToon Comes Alive regularly.  A great live record in a time of great live records.

Right before the live one came out, Mrs saw him at Glassboro State College, $6.00 a ticket, only a couple hundred people in a 2000 seat theater, that same band on the live record.

Well, she wasn't Mrs yet, in fact we weren't even dating yet, but, you know.

rct

As Peppermint Patty says to Charlie Brown  - “You old sly dog”.

Pie were so good. I have the Complete Rockin The Fillmore CD set. All 4 full shows were recorded for the classic live album.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

13 hours ago, rct said:

A great live record in a time of great live records.

Yep. They really figured out live recording around that time, and there were some great bands in their peak.

Coincidentally Peter is playing tomorrow at Maryland Live right near me. My 34 year old son was hinting that we should go see him, but I already had plans to take his younger brother out for his birthday.  

Edited by saturn