Gibson Brands Forums

This Guy Is My Hero

Sgt. Pepper

Wow

Could have donated that money at a local high school for kids in musical programs.

Money for the people caught up in the recent hurricane.

Or kids fighting cancer.

Not at all impressed with full grown adults with that kind of behavior. Kinda infantile if you ask me.

• Like 1

No Sparky, I'm afraid not.  To drop 4K so you can be filmed busting up a guitar requires some level of self absorbed rationality.  The guy is a hateful d1ck that everyone on his block dislikes, all of his coworkers can't stand to work with, and all of his kids probably don't even talk to him any more.  A special kind of ahole that hates successful girls that should be barefoot and pregnant.  Hopefully the physicality of beating up the guitar will hasten his demise.  Like, tomorrow would be good.

rct

• Like 2

11 hours ago, rct said:

No Sparky, I'm afraid not.  To drop 4K so you can be filmed busting up a guitar requires some level of self absorbed rationality.  The guy is a hateful d1ck that everyone on his block dislikes, all of his coworkers can't stand to work with, and all of his kids probably don't even talk to him any more.  A special kind of ahole that hates successful girls that should be barefoot and pregnant.  Hopefully the physicality of beating up the guitar will hasten his demise.  Like, tomorrow would be good.

rct

Boy, that escalated quickly!!

😗

maxresdefault.jpg

Seriously though. 
My belief is that the guy is certifiably-insane. 

The premise of his expensive ‘protest’ is absurdly insane. 
His actions defy all reason. 
And the outcome of his little hissy fit will be that life goes on, a pop star will continue to sell out large venues for top dollar, and this mentally-disturbed man will be out $4,000. 

If he were to have poured gasoline over himself a lit a match the way that Vietnamese Buddhist monk did on a busy Saigon street did 61 years ago, It would have made just about as much sense. 

Only nobody will have won a World Press Photo of the Year prize for filming him and putting his insanity on Facebook and youTube. 
😕

How many thousands of dollars worth of guitars did Mr. Townsend break? And people wanted to see him do it.

I recall footage of Jimi burning a Strat. 

All 4 times I saw Kiss Paul broke a guitar on purpose at the end of the show. 

But that’s all showmanship huh? And I believe the 4k went to a charity. The guitar obviously didn’t survive.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

2 hours ago, sparquelito said:

Seriously though. 
My belief is that the guy is certifiably-insane. 

The premise of his expensive ‘protest’ is absurdly insane. 
His actions defy all reason. 
And the outcome of his little hissy fit will be that life goes on, a pop star will continue to sell out large venues for top dollar, and this mentally-disturbed man will be out $4,000. 

If he were to have poured gasoline over himself a lit a match the way that Vietnamese Buddhist monk did on a busy Saigon street did 61 years ago, It would have made just about as much sense. 

Only nobody will have won a World Press Photo of the Year prize for filming him and putting his insanity on Facebook and youTube. 
😕

Sparky there are a whole group of red wearing nut cases in our country that are certifiably insane. They even proved it on Jan 6th.

1 hour ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Sparky there are a whole group of red wearing nut cases in our country that are certifiably insane. They even proved it on Jan 6th.

I really cannot reply to that, for fear of posting something
oxSQ7iN.png

which is pretty much a banning offense on most guitar web forums. 

I know, I have been tossed from more than a few. 

😕

• Thanks 1