Gibson Brands Forums

Maj. Charles Winchester is gay

Bluemoon

His charcter always acted gay I thought. Even though he was supposed to be dating Hoolihan.

But about his comment that he's proud to be gay =D> Is that an accomplishment? I'm heterosexual, but I'm not proud of it. I just am.

I'm proud to be heterosexual. It could have a lot to do with the "dry spell" that was High School for me. Marching Band, A/V Club, D&D, Comic Book Conventions, and spending weekends in my boat with a guitar and Ray Bradbury books - those things all shaped me into the man I am today - the man who respects women and celebrates the fact that he gets to sleep with one every night. Sex was elusive in High School, and the fact that I get to have it is never going to stop being awesome to me.

I'm proud to be heterosexual. It could have a lot to do with the "dry spell" that was High School for me. Marching Band' date=' A/V Club, D&D, Comic Book Conventions, and spending weekends in my boat with a guitar and Ray Bradbury books - those things all shaped me into the man I am today - the man who respects women and celebrates the fact that he gets to sleep with one every night. Sex was elusive in High School, and the fact that I get to have it is never going to stop being awesome to me.[/quote']

You are awesome simply because you realize that there is more to women that what they see!

For all the sluts out there who will take whatever they can get, there are women who want a man who respects them for what they know/believe!

That's why I appreciate Homz. Yeah, he get its that I like having sex, but he also understands that there's more to me than just that.

He never was the manliest of Actors, he cried when he was on Star Trek. Kelsey Grammar was a Ship Captain when he went on Star Trek. As a straight Man/Woman, would you go on Star Trek and Cry? Hell no, you'd want to fire a Phaser or give someone a Neck Pinch.

M*A*S*H still Rocks and Charles is still one of my Favorite Characters.

His charcter always acted gay I thought. Even though he was supposed to be dating Hoolihan.

But about his comment that he's proud to be gay :D Is that an accomplishment? I'm heterosexual' date=' but I'm not proud of it. I just am. [/quote']

You have your characters mixed up. Maj. Charles Emerson Winchester, played by David Ogden Stiers did not date Hoolihan. That was Maj. Frank Burns, played by Larry Linville who was definitely not gay in real life.

Maj. Charles Emerson Winchester, played by David Ogden Stiers

stiers_major_winchester.jpg

Maj. Frank Burns, played by Larry Linville

Linville.jpgimage_017.jpg

Larry Linville died on April 10, 2000 from at complications of pneumonia. He is survived by his wife, Deborah, his daughter Kelly, his mother Pauline and father Harry, two brothers, Paul and Lanny, and sisters-in-law, one niece and three nephews.

I don't care who's gay and who's not. The only time that might mean anything to me would be if I am about to sleep with some beautiful chick and she said she was gay. Being the **** I am I would think that would be an invitation to be with her and her girlfriend. I ain't that lucky.

Insecurity in ones self creates paranoia.... I don't care who you want to have sex with. If someone approaches me and I am not interested I simply commend them on their good taste and tell them, I am not interested.

You have your characters mixed up. Maj. Charles Emerson Winchester' date=' played by David Ogden Stiers did not date Hoolihan. That was Maj. Frank Burns, played by Larry Linville who was definitely not gay in real life.[/quote']

Wow. I guess I did have them mixed up. I could have sworn it was Winchester. See what happens when I post before Googleing #-o

I don't care who's gay and who's not. The only time that might mean anything to me would be if I am about to sleep with some beautiful chick and she said she was gay. Being the **** I am I would think that would be an invitation to be with her and her girlfriend. I ain't that lucky.

I totally agree Homz, that would be a sign that the stars had aligned themselves in my favor!

I certainly don't care who is or isn't either. I know many men and women who are. One of my very best friends lives with another man and I go over their house often and hang out. I've eaten dinner there ect. (They're great cooks #-o ) I have no insecurities or phobias about it.

I just think it's odd when anyone brags that they are "proud" of something that's not an accomplishment. Did you have to pass some test to become that way? Same when someone says "I'm proud to be an American!" OK, maybe proud to be a good American or an American who contributes a lot to their country. Being an American (or gay or whatever) takes no skill. You were just fortunate to be born here. I'm glad to be an American and happy that fate didn't plop me into Sommalia or some other place than here.

OK now that I started writing this (see why I don't usually get into these heavy topics), I guess I can see how someone might be proud that they had the courage to "come out" or that they overcame some obstacle or predjudice over their sexual identity. I guess it's just the way that it was worded that on the surface kinda sounded goofy to me :-s

Insecurity in ones self creates paranoia.... I don't care who you want to have sex with. If someone approaches me and I am not interested I simply commend them on their good taste and tell them' date=' I am not interested. [/quote']

+1. I have been hit on by a few gay men in my time. I take it as a compliment.

+1. I have been hit on by a few gay men in my time. I take it as a compliment. ;) =P~

I knew when I posted that you latch on to this. It is unbelievable how immature and predictable you are. Pretty sad for a 40+ individual.

I have been hit on by a few gay men in my time.

If that had ever happened to me' date=' I would probably not drop it into just any conversation....

Jeez.

Of course, I went to the Southern Decadence in New Orleans years ago.

Had no idea it was the gay Mardis Gras until I got there with a lady I was dating.

She thought it was hilarious.

Me? Not so much.

Very interesting, I have pics....

I take it as a compliment. [/quote']

Sorry, I find that to be a little disturbing on a personal level and WAY too much information for a forum.

Did you get a Chris Matthews/Barack Obama thrill running up your leg?

Sorry' date=' I find that to be a little disturbing on a personal level and WAY too much information for a forum.

Did you get a Chris Matthews/Barack Obama thrill running up your leg?

[/quote']

I think your pretty hot Neo. Can we go into PM again?

Archived