Gibson Brands Forums

Just out of curiosity...

guitarfreak16

I can barley play the guitar.

Good thing my guitar looks so good. It takes all the attention away from me.

You can barely spell.

Barley is a grain used in beer and cereals.

I too barely play guitar.

I rely fully upon the ooohs and aaahs my spectacular gear elicits from any given crowd.

:-)

I am actually a classically trained pianist (moved into jazz at the age of 15 or so though). I got accepted to Berklee and Eastman schools of music on piano but didn't go to music school. I play my guitar a lot more than my piano these days though...

You can barely spell.

Barley is a grain used in beer and cereals.

I too barely play guitar.

I rely fully upon the ooohs and aaahs my spectacular gear elicits from any given crowd.

Cause obviously, you never make a typo and therefore, can rely on your intelligence and good looks to get you past your inadequacies on the guitar. [-X

I am actually a classically trained pianist (moved into jazz at the age of 15 or so though). I got accepted to Berklee and Eastman schools of music on piano but didn't go to music school. I play my guitar a lot more than my piano these days though...

WOW I would love to hear you.What made you change to jazz?

I am a Pianist too, I don't get time to practice anymore but use it for composing and playing Bach and Chopin, two of my favourite keyboard writers!

Matt

WOW I would love to hear you.What made you change to jazz?

I am a Pianist too' date=' I don't get time to practice anymore but use it for composing and playing Bach and Chopin, two of my favourite keyboard writers![/quote']

Well, I'm not the pianist I used to be, that's for sure. I play organ for the church and do some arranging of the choir music these days, but that's about it (Finale is a great program). I love Bach and Chopin too, as well as Mozart and Beethoven. I started playing his Sonatas as age 11 or so but I still hadn't gotten through all of them by the age of 18. One day my piano teacher gave me Gershwin to play and I fell in love with it. I wanted to play in the high school jazz ensemble and that sealed it.

I loved, and still do love, classical music but I really loved the freedom when playing jazz. Our jazz instructor treated us like "real" players and I learned a lot from him. For example, he'd let us make a mistake the first time going over a chart. But if we made a mistake anytime after that he told us "get out, you're done for the day." He explained that in the real world you never are allowed to make a mistake a second time because time wasted is money. I always wondered what my life would have been like had I chosen the music path instead of going down the geek path (he he he). But I'm content now listening to great players such as yourself....

If I do' date=' let me know.

I HATE being wrong, that's why I rarely am.

[/quote']

I didn't say you were RIGHT. Just that you rarely make a typo.

It's still possible to spell correctly even while being bat-guano crazy. :)

Archived