Gibson Brands Forums

NASCAR Driver trashes Les Paul "Trophy"

Lespaul72

NASCAR driver Kyle Busch won the Pocono race and "celebrated" by smashing the "Trophy", a custom Les Paul.

Who is this guy and more importantly WHAT does he think he is? It's bad enough that "Real Rockers" trash a Paul, let alone some F#^%$*^ A$% H*^# who is clueless!!! Let's call on ALL musicians to not only dis this jerk but possibly boycott NASCAR completely! I have owned Les Pauls for over 30 years, and unfortunately have had to sell them due to the employment / financial condition in Michigan and supporting a family. It BREAKS MY HEART to see such DISGUSTING display. And Gibson, what are YOU going to do about this? Please don't force me to buy a used FENDER!!!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well, what a way to make your first post. Welcome.

But, I am a NASCAR fan but not a kyle bush fan at all so lets not put all drivers into the jerk category.

While I agree with you personally, it is his guitar to do as he pleases. I just wonder if he would smash a Daytona 500 tropie?

FYI: the race was in Nashville the pocono race is Sunday with the Sprint cup (Winston cup to us old NASCAR fans).

Nashville, right. My bad. Agree re: all the other drivers (Passion got the best of me!) --- they hate him too! Anyway, this about our love for Gibson. Perhaps "guitar trashers" will think twice and respect the craftsmanship, loyalty and dedication of those who put everything they have into crafting the fine instruments they are BLESSED with!

Nashville' date=' right. My bad. Agree re: all the other drivers (Passion got the best of me!) --- they hate him too! Anyway, this about our love for Gibson. Perhaps "guitar trashers" will think twice and respect the craftsmanship, loyalty and dedication of those who put everything they have into crafting the fine instruments they are BLESSED with![/quote']

Obviously, the driver had NO idea what he had been "blessed" with. Like Homz was just saying to me a while ago---it's one thing when Pete Townshend or Jimi Hendrix smashes a guitar cause they *know* what it's worth. Apparently, Gibson needs to get away from the Nashville race cause it's obvious that these numbskulls have no idea what they're being given.

If Gibson wants to give a LP to somebody who surely doesn't respect what they've just won, it's Gibson's business.

Remember, they also sponsored the Experience Hendrix shows this last year. What a joke that was. I saw two, just two Gibson guitars on stage at the Hollywood Bowl, Robbie Krieger's SG and Doyle Bromhall Jr.'s Les Paul.

Gibson could have done better by giving the guitar to one lucky fan instead of the self absorbed Busch.

Oh well, it is what it is.

If Gibson wants to give a LP to somebody who surely doesn't respect what they've just won' date=' it's Gibson's business.

Remember, they also sponsored the Experience Hendrix shows this last year. What a joke that was. I saw two, just two Gibson guitars on stage at the Hollywood Bowl, Robbie Krieger's SG and Doyle Bromhall Jr.'s Les Paul.

Gibson could have done better by giving the guitar to one lucky fan instead of the self absorbed Busch.

Oh well, it is what it is.[/quote']

Totally agree with you there. But unless they *hear* some Gibson fans complaining about what happens to those "trophies," how will they ever know?

Somebody had a great point about whether a driver would've destroyed the Daytona 500 trophy. Obviously, these guys don't understand the value of what they've received. They don't *have* to know it. But we don't have to support them either, do we?

NASCAR driver Kyle Busch won the Pocono race and "celebrated" by smashing the "Trophy"' date=' a custom Les Paul.

Who is this guy and more importantly WHAT does he think he is? It's bad enough that "Real Rockers" trash a Paul, let alone some F#^%$*^ A$% H*^# who is clueless!!! Let's call on ALL musicians to not only dis this jerk but possibly boycott NASCAR completely! I have owned Les Pauls for over 30 years, and unfortunately have had to sell them due to the employment / financial condition in Michigan and supporting a family. It BREAKS MY HEART to see such DISGUSTING display. And Gibson, what are YOU going to do about this? Please don't force me to buy a used FENDER!!![/quote']

And this act didn't affect my taxes or length of my magnificent cack one bit.

So what . piss off yankee boy.

I bet they guys that put the hours to build that baby felt just great,what a@@ hole. They should have driven over his stupid head a few times ,see how he likes it.:-k

I live 30 miles from the Talladega Alabama Super Speedway.......but i've never been to a race, and only watch

races on TV when i'm around real NASCAR fans........I can take it or leave it.

Of all the drivers out there, I likeD(past tense) Kyle better than any of them,

and while yes, it was his guitar to do with as he pleases, smashing it was really stupid, when he could have donated it to be auctioned for a good cause if he did'nt want to keep it.

If it was a Gibson, and possibly even an Epi, it would have brought tens of thousands of dollars from

some collector somewhere, to help out crippled kids, abused women, abandoned pets, or whatever cause

he wanted to help out.

This just shows that he's a self centered child, and now I hope he never wins another race.

also' date=' he said he would smash it "like kiss".

since when did kiss smash guitars?[/quote']

Paul Stanley has a roadie hand him a stringless Washburn at the end of the last song (usually Black Diamond)

EVERY concert they do, and breaks it on the stage, then gives the neck to 1 lucky groupie in the front row

and the body to another.

He's done this since 1975.

I've personally seen it happen 5 times.

I always felt like it was kinda stupid for Hendrix and Townsend and whoever to destroy their guitars. I love both of those guys, especially Hendrix, but I think they were just really high and young and crazy and manic. I just think they were being crazy kids. Those guys started the guitar smashing thing.

Kyle Busch is just a dummy who's doing something he thinks is cool. Breaking guitars was never cool. Hendryx was so good that he could burn his guitar and everybody thought "Wow that's cool". I always thought it detracted from his legacy. If he was alive today, I don't think he'd still be destroying guitars.

Comeon, everybody knows that NASCAR is fake.

Entertainment…just like TV wrestling. There are

Heels and Faces, just like WWWE, and right now

KB is a Heel. They will probably change next weeks

script to take advantage of this added publicity.

Watch if he doesn’t cheep shot Jr. next week, just

to keep the pot stirred. I can’t believe any of you take

this seriously.

Archived