Gibson Brands Forums

Post Count

deepblue

I remember a guitar forum I was in years ago crashed.

The mods there asked us if we remembered our post count' date=' if we did theyd punch it in for us...

Is this still possible?[/quote']

=P~ Is this important? .....or is the content of the post important?:)/

Peter

Oh I don't know.... If you made sergeant' date=' would you wanna be a private again? hmmmmm.....???'](*,)

If diarrhea of the mouth or keyboard were the only requirement for making rank, I think I might prefer the lower rating. It isn't the quantity of posts that determines a member's value to the forum, it is the quality. We have evidence of that every day. And I don't mean to be petty, but look at the members that rack up the high post counts in a matter of a few weeks, read their contributions and decide for yourself if their numbers reflect their true level of participation and relevance. I'm of a similar mind as Simon on this; I regard the join date as more telling in terms of a member's status than merely the number of posts s/he's made.

Since I don't know how many I had, I have no idea how many were lost. Much more important to me is the content that was lost. I searched the posts many times to research purchases, problems, etc. before I posted. Now all that info is toast. Bummer....

If diarrhea of the mouth or keyboard were the only requirement for making rank' date=' I think I might prefer the lower rating. It isn't the quantity of posts that determines a member's value to the forum, it is the quality. We have evidence of that every day. And I don't mean to be petty, but look at the members that rack up the high post counts in a matter of a few weeks, read their contributions and decide for yourself if their numbers reflect their true level of participation and relevance. I'm of a similar mind as Simon on this; I regard the join date as more telling in terms of a member's status than merely the number of posts s/he's made.[/quote']

Well....I think I joined earlier than today...But.....(Look at my join date).

Doesn't matter....I'm all for new beginnings...[-o<

It was never really that important to me. I started at day one and only have a fraction of most other regulars. That being said, This is my favorite site to visit

I stop by at least 3-4 times a day.

I really need to change my Avaitar

Archived