Gibson Brands Forums

9 Volt Power Supply ?

Murph

For a TS9?

Is the Morley (MF# 150796) neg center as good as any?

I'm tired of paying $2/$3 a night for batterys, and the cheap solder joints and skinny wires are giving me trouble. It's the only pedal I use.

Murph.

I use Ibanez 9V adaptors...

So far so good.

I have one of those that I share between my two pedals. It does the trick. I would probably settle for ANYTHING if I was buying batteries that often, especially the strange and elusive 9V battery. You might actually have a 9V adaptor somewhere around the house: electric razor, CD player adaptor, etc. Although the latter options are a little less reliable/functional, they are cost-effective.

I would probably settle for ANYTHING if I was buying batteries that often' date=' [/quote']

Yep.

Color me a ******.

I have been buying well over 100/150 9 volt "Eveready Gold" batterys per year from the "Family Dollar" store at $2.00 each?

Of course, I write it off, but, hmmmmmmmm.

I just didn't want an extra cord on the floor.......

And, I'm "stimulating the economy"......

#-o

I use a One Spot for my TS9 and CS9 Ibanez pedals (as well as some VooDoo lab stuff). No problems.

The wires are skinny though. I gather you don't run a pedal board, just the TS9, and are worried about stomping on the skinny wires every night? You can always tape the skinny wire to a fatter wire so it won't get crushed on stage. I often tape everything up into a mini homemade "snake" so stuff won't get stomped on as easily. Seems to work okay.

I don't see it at MF?

I didn't know if the m.a. difference was a big deal?

There always seems to be confusion about the Ampere markings on power supplies, so here's my attempt at clarifying it.

Current is drawn, from the supply, by the load. The load, in this case your TS9, decides how many Amperes is going to go into it. You can't ever force more current into a load while staying at the same voltage.

The Ampere marking on a power supply is indicating how much current that can be drawn from it before it fries or craps out. So as long as the power supply is marked for more current than what your pedal(s) is marked to draw - you're safe.

The voltage, however, should match, unless you're feeling adventurous. While it is probably save to use 12 volts for a 9 volt pedal as long as it is analogue, doing it to a digital pedal might not be as fun.

Another thing to keep in mind is to check how the supply works, ie what method it uses to convert from 110V/220V/whateveryouhaveinyouroutlets to 9V/12V/whatever. If it does it electronically, as in a switching power supply or anything like that, I prefer to avoid them and look for something else.

Good post.

Conversely speaking, the brick is very flexible in that regard.

Input is at 18v and there are outputs at both 9 & 18 - a bunch of 'em.

The Fulltone OCD is more than cabable of operating at different voltages, even mentions it in their literature.

Frequency is even an option on both of them, if I care to leave my 60 hz world and head overseas...

Archived