Gibson Brands Forums

50th Anniversary Les Paul Standard Ruby Burst Limited Edition

rocketman

I am not crazy about the color on that. Also, spoke with Sweetwater about a 2009 R9 and the best price they could do. They said they could go as low as $4500. So, since this one is $300 more than an R9, you'd probably be able to get it for $4800 or so.

If you're thinking about it, pick up the phone and save a grand or more.

I'd love to buy it, but I've got a big project in the works (building a cottage on the lake), so it'll need to be put on hold for a year. But I really like it. I get all my stuff at the HOG in Rochester. I know they'll beat any offer out there. If they get one in, then I may be tempted. We don't need appliances at the cottage, right???

I am not crazy about the color on that. Also' date=' spoke with Sweetwater about a 2009 R9 and the best price they could do. They said they could go as low as $4500. So, since this one is $300 more than an R9, you'd probably be able to get it for $4800 or so.

If you're thinking about it, pick up the phone and save a grand or more.[/quote']

+1 on the color. Not quite, but getting very close to "Clown Burst". Not for me at that price...

+1 on the color. Not quite' date=' but getting very close to "Clown Burst". Not for me at that price...[/quote']

It's not the colour that makes it a clownburst. That one is nowhere near being a clownburst. Clownbursts are when there is no actual burst. Yellow then red, no transition.

I like saying clownburst. :)/

It's not the colour that makes it a clownburst. That one is nowhere near being a clownburst. Clownbursts are when there is no actual burst. Yellow then red' date=' no transition.

I like saying clownburst. :D/ [/quote']

Ya, I know R9, That's why I said it is close to being a ClownBurst. I like saying it too, but I wouldn't own one...LOL

Archived