Gibson Brands Forums

Tim Plains

I think that because 2010 is the year I graduate you should buy me my own R9 Les Paul :P

I think graduating is a good enough reason to finally get a Gibson.

That's when I got my R9! My parents wanted to get me a Rolex when I got my Bachelor's, but I told them if they were gonna spend that much just get me the guitar of my dreams, and they did...RACHEL.

I think AreNine will buy at least 2 in 2010 judging from the 2009 list.

Silverbursted, I hadn't taken October into account.

You're right, October will be tough but I still think I can do it.

Nikko...heck, if you parents are able to and willing to buy you a Gibson, why not? Maybe not an R9 because they're bloody expensive...and honestly, I don't think you'll truly appreciate such as expensive guitar at that age. I wouldn't, that's for sure.

2010' date=' me, one new guitar. Think I can do it? I think so...

I'll admit, 2007 - 2009 were a bit shaky & unpredictable but I think 2010 will be different.[/quote']

Absolutely. The Dow is above 10K now. This is the 'magic' number that makes people feel good. Never mind that 20 years ago 7K put most traders in 'heaven'. Proves that if you just leave things alone... the market will correct itself.

We were promised a program to help people, who of their own volition signed toxic mortgages, stay in their ill gotten homes. To date, this highly lauded program saved.... 1 home from inevitable foreclosure. Not sure where all those billions are that was set aside for the program, but it did save a house.

The "Cash For Clunkers" program, while it created a flurry of activity for a couple weeks only postponed the inevitable. Today's car lots are chirp city while the dealerships wait for their government checks.

People who kept their heads and didn't liquidate their assets for cash (dumbest thing in the world), are now sitting prettier than they were in say, 2007. Their retirement portfolios weren't quite as fat as they appeared to be in 2008, but they are back to normal and will continue getting better. Meanwhile, the greedy day traders lick their wounds and begin to scrounge up enough cash to get back in.

I'd say 2010 looks pretty good for saving a few K for a new Gibson. But... if you come up shy in December, 2011 looks even better.

Archived