Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson Les Paul Custom Limited R7 Blackwidow 25.

raine

It indicated the beginning of topics.

There's no mention of the neck joint...but I'm guessing it's long.

Also, I know people think the inlays are mother of pearl but Gibson uses acrylic, even on Customs. It's on their website. This being somewhat unique may have MOP but...

One suggestion - if that were my guitar, I'd spend the extra $30 (or so) and buy historic truss rod cover. They did a great job with everything else and then stuck a cheap piece of black plastic on the headstock. Looks like this.

http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg225/Gibson_Tim/R950th214.jpg

There's no mention of the neck joint...but I'm guessing it's long.

Also' date=' I know people think the inlays are mother of pearl but Gibson uses acrylic, even on Customs. It's on their website. This being somewhat unique may have MOP but...

One suggestion - if that were my guitar, I'd spend the extra $30 (or so) and buy historic truss rod cover. They did a great job with everything else and then stuck a cheap piece of black plastic on the headstock. Looks like this.

http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg225/Gibson_Tim/R950th214.jpg[/quote']

Inlays are mother of pearl and not acrylic, it is the custom shop that I clarify it.

I understand for the suggestion tross rod cover and to cover the chrome on the pickups.

But being a rare piece I too want to modify, even if the cache trussrod is an easy exchange.

I prefer to keep it original.

Instead of Covers for the pups how about a pair of TIM SHAWS when they were all cream or even Zebra;s or better yet the black and red they had on the Voodoo 's and like the VOODOO that had a RED skull in the middle of the neck they could put a red blackwidow spider on it.....just a idea

very freakin nice....

gotta be honest though having had a few Elegants, 5 a quilt tops...they charge a ton for that wood that does nothing for tone.'

I would love to have one but would have spent the cash on a few vintage standards before putting out that kind of cash for that ax,,,,but believe me when I tell ya it is freakin gorgeous !!!

They look great, but these are not 57 re-issue's they are made the same as the body of a 57 but that's it and also why they are not considered HISTORIC or VOS they are a CUSTOM 57.....nothing wrong with that.

I'm sure though just like the first year they brought back SILVERBURST they only had 25 LP CUSTOMS and then the next year they were unlimited

Gibson knows how to get your attention...except for that EYE CANDY AX....U-G-L-Y !!!

CONGRATS MY FRIEND

ST JAMES

I would be afraid to touch that thing. Not for me' date=' but it sure is a beauty though. Give me something I can beat up. [/quote']

Are you kidding me??? I would be playing it at every gig! Maybe pick up a hot goth chick with that one. O:)/

Seriously, that is one gorgeous guitar. Congratulations.

-Brad

• 2 months later...

Hey raine.

Apparantly this dealer has stolen some of your photos and are using them to sell the 2th Black Widow out of the 25.

You can tell by the flames that it's the exact same guitar in both your pictures and the pictures this dealer is using.

Strange, huh? Maybe you should contact him and tell him to take pictures of the actual Black Widow in his store, like he's doing with the rest of his guitars, instead of stealing your pictures...

Max Guitar store - Black Widow available in Hague-store

[crying]:-k :-k :-k :-k

• 1 month later...

Well, after seeing this guitar I just had to get one, and, I did.

I got it on January 28th after it was held up at customs for almost 2 weeks. I was flying out to Europe the next morning so I didn't even open the shipping case until yesterday (February 16th). All I can say is wow, it looks even more beautiful in person. The neck is huge, which will take a bit to get used to. It is so light because of the chambered body but it just has such a resonance when stummed, but just screams when plugged in.

I know this post is an epic fail without photos, but I haven't had time yet to take them. I will try and get some up on Thursday.

As in Highlander "there can be only one", there can be only 25 owners of this Black Widow, Widow Burst Gibson Les Paul Custom based on the Gibson's 1957 Reissue, hence the "chunky" neck profile. I own Black Widow # 003,and it's a fantastic player and a stunning instrument visually.

Like everyone else, I saw this guitar and had to have it, even though I have many other guitars, including LPCs (slim neck profile) I've been playing for three decades. I'm playing it regularly, but it's never going to leave the house.

I am starting an association of Black Widow Owners.

To join you must provide a JPG or PDF of your owners Certificate of Authenticity and, perhaps, a copy of the

receipt dating your puchase.

We will keep track of the ownership of the 25 Black Widows.

Please email me at jbromberg2010@yahoo.com or call me at 212 486-0278

I'M STARTING A NEW THREAD ONLY FOR BLACK WIDOW 25 OWNERS.

IF YOU ARE AN OWNER OF A GIBSON LES PAUL CUSTOM LIMITED R7 BLACK WIDOW 25

PLEASE HIT THIS NEW THREAD AND LET US KNOW WHO YOU ARE, WHEN YOU GOT YOUR BW,

THE SERIAL NUMBER 001 TO 025 OF YOUR GUITAR, AND POST PICTURES.

I WILL NAME IT "BLACKWIDOW OWNERS".

SEE YOU THERE

JESSE

Archived