Gibson Brands Forums

Anyone like Taylor Swift?

misspatty86

OMG! So I just heard that Taylor Swift just released a platinum edition of her album “Fearless”. I guess it’s supposed to have 6 new songs and a dvd with all her music videos, behind the scenes footage, and pictures from her tour. I loved her album and single “You belong with Me” so much that I’ve been waiting to hear something new from her. I plan to get a copy sometime this week. Have any of your heard any of her new songs of the re-released album? What do you think?

I saw her once on a TV special with some Rock group, I don't remember who. I had heard of her prior to the TV appearance but had never heard her. I found her voice very weak and her range extremely limited. Perhaps she'll mature into a real singer someday but at this point I just shake my head in wonderment when someone gushes over her "singing".

I saw her once on a TV special with some Rock group' date=' I don't remember who. I had heard of her prior to the TV appearance but had never heard her. I found her voice very weak and her range extremely limited. Perhaps she'll mature into a real singer someday but at this point I just shake my head in wonderment when someone gushes over her "singing".[/quote']

It was "Crossroads" and she was singing with Def Leppard. Sometime last year I think. I think she's just fine for a country singer, but I'll admit there's a bit of the dirty old man there influencing my judgement.

It was "Crossroads" and she was singing with Def Leppard. Sometime last year I think. I think she's just fine for a country singer' date=' but I'll admit there's a bit of the dirty old man there influencing my judgement. [/quote']

That's the one, FA, thanks for the superior memory. I just heard her go to the well a few times when she needed some power and there was nothing there. As I say, perhaps in time.

Yes, I do like Taylor. I'd love to not like her, but she is just that talented. I can't imagine what her catalogue will look like when she is my age.

Have you heard "Fifteen" or seen the video? I think that is her latest.

Myself, I'd like the 814 the best. But then again, I've never had the chance to try out this new model the 'swift'

Isn't a name like that quite a deviation from their rather boring model numbers?

Does anyone know if it's a Fishman system?

And from what I understand, it's an ivory fretboard. Interesting.

I haven't heard much of her, just one single that hit the radio over here a few months ago (something with Romeo and Juliet, I think) which I thought was catchy but a bit "simple" so to speak. Then someone sent me a youtube link of her doing Photograph with Def Leppard that I just had to see because she apparently ruined this classic song, so I watched and I kinda liked it. She did a fine job, considering she's surrounded by a band who's been doing live rock music for longer than she's been alive. So with that in mind I thought she did really well.

All in all, from what I can tell she seems talented, but like I said I haven't heard much.

I'm not a huge fan of her, musically, but I have a tremendous respect, and even admiration, for what she's accomplished. Rather than many other teenage acts, she is the actual talent behind it, rather than just a young face.

Her music has grown on me, recently, though.

She's a kid. She "really" writes her own music, plays guitar, and sings. Turned down the first deal.

Has class.

Yea, I like her.

Hope she doesn't turn sleazy. It's a breath of fresh air. I'm not a big fan of pop/Country, but she's real.

Not my favorite style but like many have said gotta really respect the girl she's got class. I also think she's pretty funny I heard a interview where she was talking about some boy who had done her wrong and her comment was that she didn't know what he was thinking treating a song writer badly like that because she was gonna make him famous for all the wrong reasons.

gotta respect the attitude, the work sthic and the class especially in today's world.

Can't say I'm a fan, but I'll admit I have her first album in my iPod thanks to an ex from a few years ago. I'll give her one thing, she writes some catchy tunes, and she tries to be a positive role model, which is something a lot of these younger kids do need.

On a side note, last Friday night I was driving home from work and while sitting at a stop light, I saw a retired guy sitting in his car, top down, cowboy hat, singing along to that 'You Belong With Me" song full blast. I thought that was pretty funny.

No' date=' I don't like Taylor Swift. I like country music.[/quote']

Right ON! seriously, she is a pop star singing "country pop" with, as stated, limited vocal range. Insipid!

if she weer a fat ugly chick no one would buy her records, which is something REAL singers can get away with.

Winona and Heart were mentioned earlier. Those chicks, they have the talent!

so she's making cute pop tunes and being adorable, she's a likable kid just NOT a talented singer.

I'd bang her....

She's a kid. She "really" writes her own music' date=' plays guitar, and sings. Turned down the first deal.

Has class.

Yea, I like her.

Hope she doesn't turn sleazy. It's a breath of fresh air. I'm not a big fan of pop/Country, but she's real.[/quote']

+1

For the music, she isn't my favorite, that being said,she has bundles of talent, a great work ethic, and (hopefully) an attitude that will keep her above all of the pointless stuff.

That and the girls love it when you play one of her songs :-s

I like some of her stuff. I wish she would get rid of those caterpillars above her eyes. But, alas, I think they've become a trademark.

If I ever see KantSay West, I think I"ll dump a Diet Pepsi over his head.

Archived