Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson Les Paul Florentine Your Thoughts

Californiaman

CAman, I've no experience with the Gibson LP Florentine but I do play a small hollow body, the Duesenberg Starplayer, which has a fantastic tone: seldom heard a sustain like that! That's the magic of the hollow body in combination with the humbuckers...you can feel the wooden body trembling to your belly...

The Florentine is a real beauty, a pitty I don't find her over here, and I wouldn't doubt the tone too much...

Yeah, the first one does look like a fake.[biggrin]

The others look legit.

I can't remember where I got the first photo, the second two I pulled of Gbass. Typed in Les Paul Florentine and "poof" there it is. One company had six or seven of them.[crying]

I would like to try one out. Get some controlled feedback going, some sustain, like DeVeeWee mentioned.

I'm new to this forum but I'm on so many other forums and the topic of fake Gibsons comes up all the time, because there are millions of them out there so again I'll offer this advice for the millionth time, If you have the chance to buy a Gibson and get a feeling it's a fake, send pictures of the headstock front and back clearly showing the serial number and logo, pics of the body front and back and pics of the whole guitar to Gibson.com or Gibson uk or Gibson Europe and FOR FREE they will look at your pics and send you confirmation if the guitar is real or not, it's easy. it's free it takes about two days to get a reply so what's 48 hours wait if you're about to spend upwards of £1000 or $1000 or if you live somewhere else, 6 camels and 3 goats?

Archived