Gibson Brands Forums

america?

fast fret

Hey guys, this sounds like a d1ckish question as i know the answer!

A friend of mine tried to tell me that my les paul, (a 2006 standard) was korean the other day. As you can imagine I wasn't to happy and told him that Gibson makes guitars in Nashville (which last time i checked was in america). He then said to me only custom shop gibsons are made in america and then went on about some way of importing korean guitars and saying they are american.

This is total sh1t right?

Hey guys' date=' this sounds like a d1ckish question as i know the answer!

A friend of mine tried to tell me that my les paul, (a 2006 standard) was korean the other day. As you can imagine I wasn't to happy and told him that Gibson makes guitars in Nashville (which last time i checked was in america). He then said to me only custom shop gibsons are made in america and then went on about some way of importing korean guitars and saying they are american.

This is total sh1t right? [/quote']

You need to tell your friend to **** off....

But remember be polite about. [cool]

Actually, let him come here and tell all of us they're made in Korea!

Also I would recommend taking the tour of the plants. It is great to see how everything is built. :-)

The plant in Nashville is not open for tours is it? not the guitar production anyway.

If it is I am less than 10 miles away, I'll suit up and be there in no time.

I can still smell the sweet sweet lacquer in Bozeman's parking lot. I wanted to eat some of the guitars in progress. I wanted to jump in front of the guy spraying so I could be sunburst too.

You betcha they're American. By real people. T shirts, pony tails, and pictures of their kids at their work stations.

This guy has made appearances on the Epiphone forum (twice' date=' actually... I remembered him and pointed it out the second time), as well as spamming the local Craigslist. He has a similar idea.

http://crazyaboutguitars.webs.com/ [/quote']

What a POS this guy is! Can't believe he's openly acusing gibson of making their guitars in china and gibson hasn't sued his *** yet.

They should do that.

I don't care if he is right or wrong, there are ways of doing things and you cannot just go public with something you think someone is doing, you have to have proof of it.

[thumbup] He is also an ignorant ******... he says his fake is exactly like his reissue... I don't know you guys but I've never seen a fake with nibs... does his have them? He says his pickups are epiphone... how close to a reissue is that? :-({|=

Your friend is completely ignorant about the subject. Tell him no gibby is made in asia... only fakes' date=' and of course some gibson related brands make licensed les pauls (like epiphone) that are made in asia.

Your friend was probably messing with you.[/quote']

He must be, he wasn't just messing with me thats why it annoyed me, the fact he honestly thought he was right was why i got so piss3d with him [biggrin]

Your friend was probably trying to get you mad, and it worked. Don't let him get to you, kindly nod your head and when he turns his back to you, staple a MADE IN THE USA sign on his back lol.

It's not right that he was trying to say that about Gibson. Yes Epiphone's are made in Asia and other Gibson Branded items are made there too but Gibson prides themselves as being a proud American company. They employ alot of people, just not in their plants but in the community and with their suppliers. OK NOW I'm getting mad, darn it.

Hmmm road trip time , I have my passport ready lol

Archived