Gibson Brands Forums

Joe Satriani vs Yngwie Malmsteen

slashadler

Yngwie Malmsteen [blink]

We played a club called Timbers in Covina where we opened for Steeler, and Yngwie was the guitar player[cool] ..... Not only was he great, but he watched every single band that played that night, and was very approachable and congratulated all the musicians..

I hate both of them. Cheese-balls. If an info-mercial could be a guitarist (apart from Esteban), it would be one of these two clowns. Where is the third option for "suicide" instead of having to hear either of these gift-wrapped pseudo-artists. I'm not saying they can't play guitar good, I am just saying they are complete garbage and they both make me want to vomit out of my anus. Go ahead and add that loser Richie Sambora to this list also.

Yngwie takes my only spot for a shredder.

His 80's debut album made an impression on a lot of people including me. His following albums are great too and he worked with Joe Lynn Turner formerly of Rainbow (I am a fan) but shredding is a tough genre, you just can't sound fresh after 5 albums and when a bunch of shredders pop in the scene. Yngwie was the original.

Yngwie takes my only spot for a shredder.

His 80's debut album made an impression on a lot of people including me. His following albums are great too and he worked with Joe Lynn Turner formerly of Rainbow (I am a fan) but shredding is a tough genre' date=' you just can't sound fresh after 5 albums and when a bunch of shredders pop in the scene. Yngwie was the original.[/quote']

+1. As far as shredders, Yngwie is my everything.

...No homo...

Although I said yesterday in a guitar lesson, that Yngwie's playing over the years, was like hundreds of page three's; ie great at first, but seen one and you have them all :) ...

(in the uk a different bare breasted woman greets you every morning on 'page three' if you buy The Sun newspaper-nice eh?[biggrin] )

I have to admit that Yngwie and Satch have done so much for the electric guitars advancement.

Am I a fan of either? NO..do I think they are masters and tip my hat to them? a resounding yes!

Matt

Satch purely because he entertains me more.

I am currently watching Vai's "Where the wild things are" at the moment which I purchased from Vai.com, I recommend it.

I'll be honest, I am a little BORED of so called guitar "gods".

Good songs are good songs, I am more impressed by a tune than how fast you can play it. I am nowhere near these guys league. HOWEVER, I have played with guys who TRUELY are that good. In fact I am recording with one at the moment.

You can wait for the rest. Album Release in March. [bored]

I had to go with Satch on this one. He still shreds but is willing to put other influences in his music and grow. Malmsteen, though wonderful as a guitarist, still plays the same old stuff, as good as it is. I mean, take a look at his stage garb, still dressing like it was 1986. There comes a time in a man's life when you have to put the tight leather pants away and button up the pirate shirt a little.

He still rocks, but come on . . . at least Satch cut his thinning hair!

Archived