Gibson Brands Forums

What is your favorite Pink Floyd album?

mcmurray

Well, I survived "On the Run" on acid which probably did cause "Brain Damage" [confused] . . . but there's nothing like a song going back and forth "THROUGH YOUR HEAD" sitting in the back seat of a Chevy between a couple of Jensen Triaxials at maximum volume. [biggrin]

"Time" was endless and still is. :-

Pretty sure I got aroused during "The Great Gig in the Sky". [love]

"Wish You Were Here" came along and I finally got laid. There's some irony there I think. :-k

Some had to learn Stairway to Heaven, I had to learn the solos in "Comfortably Numb". [cool]

And, there's "A Momentary Lapse of Reason" to chalk it all up to. #-o

Nope, I can't decide but, then again, Pink Floyd is my número uno.

I took up the sax first and then the guitar because of this one band. Pretty powerful influence I'd say.

Since Dark Side of the Moon started it all for me, if I had to choose, I guess it would be that one.

There are not a whole lot of albums that I can stand to listen to in their entirety.

Pink Floyd albums demand it.

"Hey You" had to ask . . .

A really great thread / topic here!

I own only 3 Pink Floyd albums, and I was looking for someone to ask about my next purchases from this huge band's discography and now I find all those suggestions!

It's really, really difficult to choose most favorite album, since they all have these unbelievable compositions, that you can't stop listening to with admiration no matter how many years pass

The Wall (all parts, Comfortably numb...)

Dark Side of the moon (Time, Money...)

Wish you were here (Shine on you crazy diamond...)

Hard to tell. So, I should be checking Meddle, Animals, eh?

Sweet Jesus! Cyndi Lauper and cast STILL take my breath away! THIS is my all-time favorite Floyd moment.

I saw Lauper do the Wall in Berlin one of the most amazing things Ive ever seen or particiapted in and Im not a Lauper fan but just being there in 90 the concert had an amazing vibe.

That had to be a moment you'll never get over. I'm not what anyone would call a Lauper fan' date=' either. I couldn't tell you off the top of my head even one of her songs. But that performance made a fan out of me. No matter what else she ever does, her voice in that production was uplifting. Between her and Van Morrison, I could listen to that number all night...louder and louder. I'm trying to not be overly envious of your having been there. [biggrin[confused]

Hard to tell. So' date=' I should be checking Meddle, Animals, eh? [/quote']

You won't be dissapointed with either of those. Meddle has the epic 20 minutes long echoes. Animals is sheer brilliance from start to finish - easily my second favorite after The Wall.

back seat of a Chevy between a couple of Jensen Triaxials at maximum volume.

Ah' date=' yes....

Those were the days!

Had 'em in my '70 Impala and my '66 Mustang.

Both of those cars would fly.

Lotsa nights in the wide open prairie of western Kansas and eastern Colorado.

Triple digit speeds with the windows down, loaded down with beer - me [i']and[/i] the car!

[confused]/

I had a chance to see Floyd many years ago when my brother had an extra ticket but i'd never really heard anything by them apart from the wall at the time, so my brother gave me the wish you were here album to listen to so i could decide if i wanted to go with him to the concert or not. Unfortunately i was an angry teenager at the time who was into AC/DC and all things heavy metal so the mellow pace of wish you were here didn't really cut it for me. I can easily say now that it was one of the worst decisions of my life. They are now without question my No. 1 band. I haven't found any other music that can evoke the emotions in me like this band does, no-one even comes close.

My Favourites?

Wish you were here

Dark side of the moon

Meddle

The wall

Division bell

Animals

I also love Dave Gilmore's 'On an Island' cd he released recently. Both him and Waters write not just great music, but also some fantastic lyrics...

It was my friend Jim who told me about the animosity Waters feels to Andrew Lloyd Webber; I tip my hat with a smile to Roger Waters' disdain [biggrin]

(from the Miracle)

"An earthquake hits the theatre

But the operetta lingers

Then the piano lid comes down

And breaks his ****ing fingers

It's a miracle"

Matt

Archived