Gibson Brands Forums

Weird ablums that you like

dem00n

I love Captain Beefheart's stuff. I guess some would call that weird.

Fredrik Thordendal's Special Defects - Sol Niger Within is one of my all time favourite albums. I think some people would call that weird as well.

And yeah, The Red In The Sky Is Ours is great.

Raymond Scott - "Reckless Nights & Turkish Twilights"

I love Raymond Scott! Apparently Rush did too' date=' at least subconsciously, because the main theme from La Villa Strangiato sounds very close to Powerhouse. Listen to this.

Taken from http://www.musicintheabstract.org/

'Did RUSH get sued and have to pay royalties for their unauthorized use of Raymond Scott's ''Powerhouse'' in their 1978 recording ''La Villa Strangiato''-?

A: By the time Raymond Scott's publisher notified the band's management of the infringement, the statute of limitations had expired on the challenge. But Rush's management, out of deference to Mr. and Mrs. Scott (Raymond was still alive at that point), offered a one-time "penance" payment, feeling it was the ethical thing to do. All involved were happy with the resolution, and Rush has no further financial obligations. Under the settlement, they were not required to accord Raymond Scott partial songwriting credit on the piece.'

weird is in the mind of the beholder.

Yeah, this is hard to respond to because what I think is odd is my love of the Spice Girls.

I love Bach, Soda Stereo, Cafe Tacuva, Pantera, NIN, Tori Amos, Led Zep, SRV, you get the idea.

...but I frigging JAM the Spice Girls. I have albums and posters and videos and the film and a lunch box.

I own a Sporty Spice doll, for Christ's sake. It's not cus I was young and am nostalgic. I was already a shave-headed girl going to Tool concerts when I fell inlove with them.

Beefheart is out there, didn't think anyone else would mention that.

Archived