Gibson Brands Forums

Stuff you never understood

Silenced Fred

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bass-ackward baseball caps and baggy-arse jeans...why would anyone CHOOSE to look so effin' stupid? [laugh]

Post-Championship riots...WTF??!! [cool]

Where does the white go when the snow melts? Huh? Think about it. :-

Helmet laws. You GOTTA wear one on a scoot but you'll get ticketed for wearing one while driving a car. [biggrin]

Why do smokers think it's OK, or even intelligent to throw lit smoking material out of a moving vehicle?

Why are sexual predators released from incarceration...ever?

Why does political correctness trump common sense?

What ever happened to the 19 cent hamburger?

Why do smokers think it's OK' date=' or even intelligent to throw lit smoking material out of a moving vehicle?[/quote']

+1

I've started taking their pictures with my phone and posting their pic and the date and location of their butt tossing to a blog. I call it St. Augustine Buttheads! Think I might make it into a FaceBook group instead though.

Why don't more people enjoy other genres of music?

I don't know.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKHpNezE5gI[/YOUTUBE]

Hey CAman' date=' that's a nice opening to discuss the above...

I would expect more openess of musicians, guitar players included, towards other music styles. Since we do like a good jam in general, and since we respect fellow musicians during a good jam session, I hardly see members discuss other music styles on the forum. Jammin' yes, and than the interest stops, drops...[crying

Why don't more people enjoy other genres of music?

I don't know.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKHpNezE5gI[/YOUTUBE]

I think this being a Gibson forum people tend to talk about rock styles more, does not mean they don't like other genres.

From my perspective: Nashville is overloaded with Telecasters and pickers, you can't hardly get away from the style. I have seen more Telecasters and have heard enough country runs to last me a lifetime. I am the opposite here, why do musicians around not play more rock?

[biggrin] [biggrin] [biggrin] great point there StiffHand!

I was thinking about some other places on this blue planet, that are biased...but haven't found one except Nashville and its pickers and country music...

But even the Gibson acoustics are not really present here in the lounge, and by that I mean posting sheets of music, etc...

I have played telecasters' date=' and I love the feel and everything, I just don't like how it sounds for how I play. I know they are great guitars, but I just never understood the thin sound they have.

PRS' to me, just don't have that 'feel', the feel where you are in awe of how something like that could be made by humans. They sound great and have some of the best QC ever, but I don't care for them that much.

Please don't turn this into a flamewar, but what are some things you never "got"?[/quote']

"Thin" sounding??? Ever listen to "Led Zeppelin I?" That was (mostly) all Telecaster.

It's true, they can "twang" away...but, I've never felt they were "thin" sounding,

as much as bright, and rounder...than Humbuckers. Strats sound much "thinner," to

me, than a Telecaster. But again, with the right amp settings, and decent use of

the tone controls, even the bridge pickup on a Strat, can be a lot fatter sounding.

Just takes a bit more effort/experimentation. But...to each his/her own...

CB

"Thin" sounding??? Ever listen to "Led Zeppelin I?" That was (mostly) all Telecaster.

It's true' date=' they can "twang" away...but, I've never felt they were "thin" sounding,

as much as bright, and rounder...than Humbuckers. Strats sound much "thinner," to

me, than a Telecaster. But again, with the right amp settings, and decent use of

the tone controls, even the bridge pickup on a Strat, can be a lot fatter sounding.

Just takes a bit more effort/experimentation. But...to each his/her own...

CB[/quote']

I know they can be much more, and like I said before, I played one a little bit, and it just wasn't for me. I know that Led Zeppelin's earlier work was done with a tele. I haven't messed around with one too much, just some time at guitar center, plug and play. I did get some decent sounds out of the neck pickup, didn't care for the bridge one.

Didn't mean to start a bashing

Why any guitar manufacturer would make cheap guitars and keep their logo on them.

AT least Gibson has Epiphone.

Ibanez/Jackson/Fender etc etc. You gotta be experienced in model numbers and country of origin to know the difference between a $200 guitar and a $2,000 guitar.

+1

I've started taking their pictures with my phone and posting their pic and the date and location of their butt tossing to a blog. I call it St. Augustine Buttheads! Think I might make it into a FaceBook group instead though.

I used to smoke and I have no sympathy for people who'll do that. We've had too many wildfires 'round these parts to be very neutral on that. I get in their faces when the opportunity presents itself. The other thing is when someone pulls up to a stop sign or a parking space and empties their ash-tray on the ground. [cool]

Archived