Gibson Brands Forums

What goes in a guitar players Christmas stocking?

daveinspain

Are you looking for gift ideas or just seeing what players might like to find in their own stockings? I don't like receiving guitar related stuff as gifts unless the giver specifically asks me if there's something I'd like because I'm pretty fussy about the gear I use and I suspect most others are as well. If someone wanted to buy me that sort of stuff, picks and strings are always needed but I'd prefer to tell them what kind I use otherwise they will have wasted their money.

Things that could be in my stocking on any given year:

Strings. A capo. Winders. A slide. A microfiber cloth. A bottle of Gibson polish. A small Mag Light for the gig bag... a wall mount... stickers to put on my gear... pencils with musical notes on them... picks, notepads with a musical theme, a subscription to Guitar World or Guitar Player or some other periodical... a tuner, a Les Paul coaster set... a pick up for an acoustic guitar... an SM 57... How about buying some studio time and writing that on a card... or lessons from B.B. King [biggrin]

Pretty much anything the wife can find that would fit into my stocking.

Is that what you're looking for?

Merry Christmas dude!

Are you looking for gift ideas or just seeing what players might like to find in their own stockings? I don't like receiving guitar related stuff as gifts unless the giver specifically asks me if there's something I'd like because I'm pretty fussy about the gear I use and I suspect most others are as well. If someone wanted to buy me that sort of stuff' date=' picks and strings are always needed but I'd prefer to tell them what kind I use otherwise they will have wasted their money.[/quote']

[biggrin] That why people always get me gift certificates. My wife knows best what I need because I always make it VERY clear.

I would say gift certificates are best.

Archived