Gibson Brands Forums

Introducing.......

Murph

My new honey. Set her up Christmas day, new Ernie Ball 10's, (2221), lemon oil for the fretboard, intonation barely needed tweaking, neck is very nice.

Gigged her, left the 339 at home so as not to have an option other than the SG (backup).

Man, I forgot how much hotter those pickups are, compaired to the 57 Classics. The difference is unreal. Fretboard availability not as big a deal as I usually b!tch about when praising doublecuts. Let me say, 15 years without a Les Paul was too much. This babe has moved in, and the 339 will get the respect it deserves. Best of luck to ya'll.....

She's leaned up by my bass rig. Meet the new Workhorse.....

100_0521.jpg

Nice Studio' date=' Murph... congrats![/quote']

Thanks. I'm now a big fan of the Chambered Les Pauls.

I played a Standard the same day, and for 1 K more, could have brought it home. It was very sweet, but I'm gigging small clubs in the Heartland. To me, this is a guitar to make many thousands of dollars with.

I'm tickled sh!tless about this guitar, as a bar gigger. You should see it in the lights!

Thanks gang......

Murph.

My new honey. Set her up Christmas day' date=' new Ernie Ball 10's, (2221), lemon oil for the fretboard, intonation barely needed tweaking, neck is very nice.

Gigged her, left the 339 at home so as not to have an option other than the SG (backup).

Man, I forgot how much hotter those pickups are, compaired to the 57 Classics. The difference is unreal. Fretboard availability not as big a deal as I usually b!tch about when praising doublecuts. Let me say, 15 years without a Les Paul was too much. This babe has moved in, and the 339 will get the respect it deserves. Best of luck to ya'll.....

She's leaned up by my bass rig. Meet the new Workhorse.....

[img']http://i655.photobucket.com/albums/uu278/Murphyslaw001/100_0521.jpg[/img]

Woot! [biggrin]

Which pickups are in yours? I've heard you guys say they've changed the Studios from the 490s, but I can't remember what they get now. Really happy for you Murph. I love my studio too!

Once I finish this dumble style amp I'll probably head to Nashville to drop it off since it doesn't look like their band is headed to Colorado this next year.

Hmmm I take 70 to St. Louis then I go south right thru S. Illinois on to Nashville... Might have time to stop in and plug her in. Probably during the summer months.

Woot! [blush]

Which pickups are in yours? I've heard you guys say they've changed the Studios from the 490s' date=' but I can't remember what they get now. Really happy for you Murph. I love my studio too![/quote']

Burstbuckers Pros man. And they rock! If I could afford it, I wouldn't hesitate to buy another one, with P-90s preferably...

• 2 weeks later...
Great looking LP !!!

is that a plastic sleeved green & blue/brown/whatever Radio Shack cable under it in the pic?

I got one too........can't stand it.

Yes.

Yes it is.

It's my kid's cable, and the Lester is leaned up on the bass rig.....

Good eye.......

:-k

Hi Murph! How are you doing over there with the snow??? Hopefully it gives you more time to stay home and play your cool new guitar...

Giggin' tomorrow with the 339 and the new Les Paul. Gotta love it.......

The SG is retired.........

Serious......

Archived