Gibson Brands Forums

NEW YEAR'S RESOLUTIONS!!!!!

onewilyfool

First of all.....let me wish you ALL a very happy new year.........a very peculiar year has passed, and I am looking forward to a wonderful new year.

My particular New Year's Resolution, concerning guitars......is: Play more, buy less......lol. I've spent the last few years, buying and selling and trading guitars, in a sense, looking for the holy grail guitar that would make me a great player. As many of you have seen from my youtube posts, greatness is NOT part of the package.......lol......however, I have a few guitars that really have a great sound, and for me that is what it is all about. The great sound of a guitar. Sometimes, just strumming one chord on a guitar really sends me to that nice place. So, enough guitars, now more playing. NOT PRACTICE......just "play"-ing. Play for friends, open mics, play for my wife, maybe Nodehopper and I will record some more youtube numbers, just play, play, play....

I wish you all the best in the new year, new songs, new jamming buddies, new guitars, new strings, re-new-ed love of the guitar......happy "NEW" year!!!!! one and all!!!!

And a Happy New Year to you too OWF!

To riff on your resolution... I plan to play OUT more, buy more and fix more! LOL

I'm on the hunt for a Gretsch G5122 or G5120 and have some Xmas gift cards in hand and a Yamaha FG720S-12 ready to trade in for it. As to fixing more, I had a terrific time restoring my '61 Hofner 172 and am on the lookout for another guitar project that will absorb my interest and not lay in the corner in a heap.

I'm hoping to do a lot more playing in public in the new year. I just have to gear myself up for the late night bar culture... it has been a few years! O:)

Happy New Year to all!

I am with you OWF....

Here is to a year of playing what I have. I have gone through a spell of trading over the last couple years that helped me to refine what I wanted in additional guitars and am pretty set with my 3 acoustics and 2 electrics now that I also have nice amplification for both as well with my Genz Benz Acoustic amp and my Fender Blues Jr.

I resolve to learn to play more electric this winter as I am stuck in the house. I plan to play the acoustics at least once a week when I check humidification but devote most of my time to learning to play some solos on the nice electrics I have sitting around.

My particular New Year's Resolution' date=' concerning guitars......is: Play more, buy less......lol. ...enough guitars, now more playing. NOT PRACTICE......just "play"-ing. Play for friends, open mics, play for my wife, maybe Nodehopper and I will record some more youtube numbers, just play, play, play....[/quote']

Happy New Year to you OWF, and all.

And may I say, that's a very nicely thought out resolution. I've had a similar bug over the last couple of years and now my collection standands at a bakers dozen. Yep, I'm gonna have to follow your lead. My wife thanks you. [cool]

Happy New Year to all. Play more..which I have already started. Enjoy what I have and be thankful for all my blessings. Get a set together for some open mike's and last but not least finish a Tele build that has been way too long in the making.

Happy New Year to you all.

Like many I now realise that I can play only one at a time.

But I still have not found my "holy grail"

Being me I have bought an Epi sj200 cutaway to get used to the feel of the size of a Gibson, un til I find what I am looking for.

Please don't be obvious enough to try to scag me on the basis of 2nd best, I fully realise this.

It is just a habit of mine, I crave a Robert Johnson so buy a 000 Recording King to get used to the size, crave a Tele, buy a Squier etc.

Just what I do.

the J200 will come when she comes...

I think she'll be a TV Sunburst but I have now played 8 and none feels good.

Peace and Love, good to have made another year

Just to play as much guitar, as I can...and do more "acoustic" too. I'm, pretty much, a electric player.

I do own a 1954 Gibson J-160E (With a Solid, not laminated, top)...which plays very well. But, I'd

love to get another Acoustic guitar, at some point...when I feel like I can play it well enough, to have

the "right" to own one. ;>)

Happy New Year, All!

CB

Wily. A happy new year to you too and all on the forum.

I hope your resolution includes uploading more of your stuff with Nodehopper. I'm sure I'm not alone in being inspired by your vids. Great stuff chaps.

As for me, I don't do NYRs usually but this year I'm with you. Play more. Time is my problem but I will be trying to make more. I'd like to spend less time on here but it's time with friends so that's never a bad thing in my book.

No more gits for me at the moment but I'll be using the 335 more this year. My singing partner Liz and I have a couple of songs which I can use it on.

Have a peaceful new year everyone. I'll be watching Jools Holland's Hootanany later on with a (not so) cheap jug of wine.

P.S. Johnt, my mate's Epi J200 is a cracking guitar. You'll love it.

P.S. Johnt' date=' my mate's Epi J200 is a cracking guitar. You'll love it.[/quote']

Early doors AJ but a set of Elixirs have woken the plank up a little.

BUT I don't want to love it just want it to do it's job and convince me that the SJ size works, for me, as well as the dread.

But like yours my 335 needs more outings and now I am trying "a Thermionik" on it and leaving the plectra behind and using my fingers and thumb.

Now wheres that Shure 57, 58, Fostek and the webcam?

Time for "puff the Magic Dragon" and "Have you got a light boy"

Hippy New Year

I am going to stop the banksters by visiting:

moveyourmoney.info

and find a nice community bank to save at so I can buy a Hummingbird Artist at GC and keep my money out of the hands of wall street criminals. I'm pretty certain she is the one, after vacillating between a J45 and SJ200 for months, I've reached the middle ground. Wish me luck.

happy new year to all. take chances' date=' any chance you get. unless you're loaded.[/quote']

Go for it Jeff

2.15am here

me and the bottle of JD just parted company.

Only a few wee hours and you could be the same

Happy New Year, LOrd only knows why it will be different but we hope it just might

Go for it Jeff

2.15am here

me and the bottle of JD just parted company.

Only a few wee hours and you could be the same

Happy New Year' date=' LOrd only knows why it will be different but we hope it just might

[/quote']

cheers, john. i used to love jd. and southern. and merlot and cabernet and.....

here's to you. in 2010, i'm gonna try to write the songs that make the young girls cry.

Five minutes to go! I have all 4 guitars out, my Bailey's Irish Cream and capos, tuners, picks and other guitar paraphernalia scattered every where. How pathetic haha.

Happy New Year OWF and everyone!!! May 2010 be a better year than last. Love you guys!!

TWilson, wherever you are, I am thinking of you, and playing a John Prine song in your honour. Miss you

Archived