Club of Standards

Rocker Ass

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Back in 2009 when this post started I didn't own a Standard - but I do now. 2017 LP Standard T Burstbuckers, Honeyburst finish, compound radius fretboard - my big mod was I added the poker chip.

bgzxl4t.jpg

GREAT GUITAR, absolute KILLER ! I got the same one but in Heritage Cherry SUNBURST...it is BAD-A$$....LOVE the Locking GROVER's, the 'BURST is TOO DIE and the BurstBucker Pro's KILL IT !....I did the same thing and put a Poker-Chip on mine too, lol !!! I also put a Bigsby B3 & Roller-Bridge on it..... but took it off.....U kno, funny thing......Mine needed to have a new NUT put on it, straight away, as a Warrantty Repair! the original NUT was cut way too low (DEAD SPOTs, ICFBI !) and the 7TH & 9Th Fret In-Lays needed to be shaved down and the entire Guitar needed to be SHIELDED Big-Time !! It was all done under-warranty except the SHIELDING, yes ? But I tell ya, after I got it back its just KILLER ! It is now what it should have been like 'out-of-the-factory' but was NOT ! and it really is as Don Felder sez "The new GIBSON's are the Best Guitars GIBSON's has ever produced. ..." ! I agree !

• 3 months later...

NUWGYYL.jpg

2017 Standard T in Bourbon Burst with upgraded '57 Classic/'57 classic plus

2017 Standard High Performance in Honeyburst with upgraded BK Mule/Riff Raff combo

2017 R0 (G0)

The HP one is the one I tend to grab most often. It is lighter than the others and I'm in absolute love with those Bare Knuckle pickups. They are just phenomenal on that guitar.

• Upvote 3

• 3 months later...