Gibson Brands Forums

Is it just me or...

mwink822

lol well hows this for a first mark? well i got a new belt buckle recently, and after playing guitar earlier today...i look on the back of my guitar....HORRIFIC number of belt scratches #-o . now i know this isnt necesarily that big of a deal, since they never really make a big appearance since they are on the back of the guitar, but it still infuriated me, right now im finding ways to destroy this incredibly resilient belt buckle out of retribution.[cool]

lol well hows this for a first mark? well i got a new belt buckle recently' date=' and after playing guitar earlier today...i look on the back of my guitar....HORRIFIC number of belt scratches [biggrin] . now i know this isnt necesarily that big of a deal, since they never really make a big appearance since they are on the back of the guitar, but it still infuriated me, right now im finding ways to destroy this incredibly resilient belt buckle out of retribution.[angry']

I've actually quit worrying about belt scratches...one of my DC Pros has a nice ding in the back in additon to the buckle rash.

I had a boom mike stand fall on my Goldtop' date=' I gasped so hard my nuts practically went up my throat!, after 2 years it doesn't bother me so much.[/quote']damn =. couldve been worse, a story i heard about my uncle's old custom was that a mic stand got knocked over by someone wandering on stage, ended with the guitar falling off the guitar stand next to it and falling off the stage, broke the neck. had to pay a few grand for repairs i believe.

It's a pain if you think you're ever going to sell it.

I actually weep for every guitar that lives in its case and is only taken out to be cleaned and admired. Really. I hate that. They're not ornaments.

As a gigging musician I leave a lot to chance. We sound check and I actually leave the venue whilst my lester is still up there, while the other acts sound check. I've no choice - I can't be precious.

The first time is always painful but you'll come over it. I remember my first time very well, I thought the guitar cable felt on the ground after I had unplugged my Les Paul Standard(1979), but somehow it came back to the body made a hole in the top(can you imagine,...the top!). I'll spare you the ****words I've cried out, but it was intense...

Archived