Gibson Brands Forums

Synergy...

Lowdown

What happened to Matt/Sear?

Things must be bad to make him leave. Unfortunately not in a Murphy way either.[cool]

Could this be a classic example of the "whole being greater than the sum of its parts"?

Strange days indeed,most peculiar mama...

Oh...and where's my MLP invite?[cool] Fuggedaboutit-no love lost,yes you.[cool][thumbup]

i could answer you in one of two ways:

like this:

1) the way that will get this locked right quick

or like this:

2) whatever do you mean? this forum is by far the most enlightening forum when it comes to Gibson guitars.

lolz

That's right.

Too many strange goings on huh...can ya blame him.Really.[thumbup]

Too many exceptions to the posted rules of the forum for his comfort. He tired of the political tirades and what he felt was a somewhat arbitrary interpretation of some of the rules. We're definitely not for everybody, even though we may try to be.

Too many exceptions to the posted rules of the forum for his comfort. He tired of the political tirades and what he felt was a somewhat arbitrary interpretation of some of the rules. We're definitely not for everybody' date=' even though we may try to be.[/quote']

Bingo! This is exactly why we lost a lot of good members.

peepwallsmilie.gif

Not you Cruzn. You're cool.[cool]

Some here need to chill and respect other peoples way of thinking. Hey I love stirring sh*t as much as the next bloke' date='but sometimes ya have ta know when ta back off you know. Right?

And some need to pull their heads in.

NOW who would like me to teach them how to really play guitar? Free lessons for all members. That includes the 3 amigos.[thumbup]

Not you Cruzn. You're cool.:-k

Some here need to chill and respect other peoples way of thinking. Hey I love stirring sh*t as much as the next bloke' date='but sometimes ya have ta know when ta back off you know. Right?

And some need to pull their heads in.

NOW who would like me to teach them how to really play guitar? Free lessons for all members. That includes the 3 amigos.[biggrin]

I really enjoy the different perspectives, points-of-view. Of course, I'm not particularly entertained by the pissing contests that sometimes devolve as a result of a clash of pov's, although they are sometimes rather humorous. I think it's important for us to remember it's an international forum, with international influences. And, at least to my way of thinking, that's a GOOD thing.

Guys!!!

Since Facebook is another form of communication, I happen to know that Matt went through some, rather serious as far as I can tell, form of illness. Last update I had, from his status updates, is that he was recovering from, whatever that was.

I think that Matt is clever and strong enough not to let anyone drive him away, boredom included!

I wish him all the best, fast recovery and to see him alive & kicking back in here soon!

I really enjoy the different perspectives' date=' points-of-view. Of course, I'm not particularly entertained by the pissing contests that sometimes devolve as a result of a clash of pov's, although they are sometimes rather humorous. I think it's important for us to remember it's an international forum, with international influences. And, at least to my way of thinking, that's a GOOD thing. [/quote']

You're a wise man Cruzn.

I've reduced myself to playing ******** at times,but I've ALWAYS done it tongue-in-cheek.Unfortunately,to my detriment,I've usually seemed to have been the only one playing the game.[lol] I don't handle fools very well and can smell BS from a thousand paces. Us Aussies NEVER take ourselves seriously and poke **** at anything.I repeat anything. Sorry,that's just the way it is. Was the one thing that cracked Matt up about me.He got it.[biggrin]

So yep...it's all good.

Guys!!!

Since Facebook is another form of communication' date=' I happen to know that Matt went through some, rather serious as far as I can tell, form of illness. Last update I had, from his status updates, is that he was recovering from, whatever that was.

I think that Matt is clever and strong enough not to let anyone drive him away, boredom included!

I wish him all the best, fast recovery and to see him alive & kicking back in here soon!

[/quote']

We're working on a collaboration that will seriously kick arse when it's finished.You blokes will get a real buzz out of it.Believe me.

He's cool. He just needs a break...:-k

He and some of the other Brits are still very active (Roger and Therm)...just not here. I think it is huge loss to this forum that they no longer are contributing.

If you miss them, then PM Thunder. He knows where they lurk (I think it is an "alternative pub" in boys town in London).

He and some of the other Brits are still very active (Roger and Therm)...just not here. I think it is huge loss to this forum that they no longer are contributing.

If you miss them' date=' then PM Thunder. He knows where they lurk (I think it is an "alternative pub" in boys town in London). [/quote']

I'm in contact with him. What's so different from the "alternative boys town club lurkers" here versus there?:-k[biggrin]

If you miss them' date=' then PM Thunder. He knows where they lurk (I think it is an "alternative pub" in boys town in London). [/quote']

i completely agree that it is a huge loss to this forum. i really enjoyed their unique perspectives and senses of humour. i think it stinks that the jackasses that drove them away are still here and unrepentant, apathetic or too stupid to fathom that the brit exodus can be placed at their feet.

i completely agree that it is a huge loss to this forum. i really enjoyed their unique perspectives and senses of humour. i think it stinks that the jackasses that drove them away are still here and unrepentant' date=' apathetic or too stupid to fathom that the brit exodus can be placed at their feet.

[/quote']

:clap

i completely agree that it is a huge loss to this forum. i really enjoyed their unique perspectives and senses of humour. i think it stinks that the jackasses that drove them away are still here and unrepentant' date=' apathetic or too stupid to fathom that the brit exodus can be placed at their feet.

[/quote']

We wouldn't want to name any names so we'll just say the mods ran them off.

Too many exceptions to the posted rules of the forum for his comfort. He tired of the political tirades and what he felt was a somewhat arbitrary interpretation of some of the rules. We're definitely not for everybody' date=' even though we may try to be.[/quote']

Certainly I can understand.

However if we (Mods) were to go exactly go by the book of rules, 60% of the threads would be locked, we would be handing out 50 warnings a day to members, and suspending accounts daily.[biggrin]

We don't classify forum members by what country they are from, well I don't.... There are Gibson newbies, members or advanced members, and of course other members have the "member of the month" tag.....

Certainly one guitar forum isn't for everyone, and certainly as an individual one should seek other mediums that would fit their writing styles and persona.

If you were to ask me if the Gibson forum is my favorite? My answer would be no. But it's not my least favorite.:-k

Archived