Gibson Brands Forums

Hi Homzy...

Silenced Fred

a little of both. one mod is particular did a good job of censuring members with whom he disagreed (and not just on politics...even on music and les pauls of all things). make no mistakes' date=' homz trolled a bit. but many of his threads contained only the OP and then he was out. it was the rest of us who made it into a brew-ha-ha. and as for him being an ***, i can think of other members who have resorted to some of the nastiest name-calling i've ever seen.[/quote']

Me?

and for the record: from a MO standpoint' date=' there are members who are still here that are very similar to homz. and yet, they are not banned.[/quote']

Me?

Unfortunately you can't discuss Politics without Religion' date=' as there are many who base their politics on their religion, and vise-versa. You can't challenge people Religious Beliefs without them taking it personally. Since you can't Challenge someones Political Beliefs without challenging their Intertwined Religious Beliefs, you can't discuss politics without getting personal.

Somehow I think this is by design, one good way to keep your Base fighting even when their political position is weak or compromised.[/quote']

hit the nail on the head

Boy' date=' you guys musta scared him [i']good[/i]!!!

:-k/

For the record, he does indeed have a variety of usernames at his disposal, unless you found them all.

Just sayin'.....

[thumbup]

I think one of his most recent name was NeoLibMan.

a little of both. one mod is particular did a good job of censuring members with whom he disagreed (and not just on politics...even on music and les pauls of all things). make no mistakes' date=' homz trolled a bit. but many of his threads contained only the OP and then he was out. it was the rest of us who made it into a brew-ha-ha. and as for him being an ***, i can think of other members who have resorted to some of the nastiest name-calling i've ever seen.

and for the record: from a MO standpoint, there are members who are still here that are very similar to homz. and yet, they are not banned.[/quote']

I agree with you. I'm just saying, MOST of his posts were trolling, and sh¡t stirring... But there is plenty of that left, just not as much.

I never took a stand against the guy, just welcoming him back... jeez [thumbup]

a little of both. one mod is particular did a good job of censuring members with whom he disagreed (and not just on politics...even on music and les pauls of all things). make no mistakes' date=' homz trolled a bit. but many of his threads contained only the OP and then he was out. it was the rest of us who made it into a brew-ha-ha. and as for him being an ***, i can think of other members who have resorted to some of the nastiest name-calling i've ever seen.

and for the record: from a MO standpoint, there are members who are still here that are very similar to homz. and yet, they are not banned.[/quote']

[lol]

Good to hear that from a guy who has actually met the forum legend in real life :^o

I think most in here give Homz (and internet characters) too much of your time. You don't like the guy? Ok, don't talk to him unless it's necesary. You like him? Talk to him. That's all there is to it. Some guys seem to think there was a war in here and there wasn't.

And I'm not talking about Neo. Neo is cool too, you can agree with him or not, but he shares his opinions and wisdom when it's needed.

[lol]

Good to hear that from a guy who has actually met the forum legend in real life :^o

I think most in here give Homz (and internet characters) too much of your time. You don't like the guy? Ok' date=' don't talk to him unless it's necesary. You like him? Talk to him. That's all there is to it. Some guys seem to think there was a war in here and there wasn't.

And I'm [b']not [/b]talking about Neo. Neo is cool too, you can agree with him or not, but he shares his opinions and wisdom when it's needed.

I agree. I never had a direct problem with the guy, just saying that to me, he seemed like a sh¡t stirrer. I try to value everyone's opinion and Homz was no different.

Just sayin' hi to the guy

He had a happening band with his Wife, that adds cool points to anyone if you ask me. His debate "style" left a little to be desired. Even though I agreed with much of his politics, I cringed when he would try to make a point. Not necessarily the guy you want arguing for your cause, but he's a real nice guy to chat with, when he wasn't on about something.

p0rbitals!

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Oh' date=' Axe....

What a blast from the past!

I can't believe he made such a lasting impression.

What's it been since he was here, two years?

And posted for just a few weeks?

Jeez.....

You should see him now, married and all....

I don't know if he's been neutered yet, but she's damned sure house broke him!

:D/

Made him get rid of all his sh!t from his "single" life.

Says he still has his guitars, but I dunno.

None of us ever see him outside of work - short leash and all....

[b'](For the record, I work with him and he joined the forum at my urging. Great lead player.)[/b]

Archived