Gibson Brands Forums

Cat repelant

MojoRedFoot

... Get a catnip infused scratching post to slake his lust for scratching.

Reality is for those who can't handle drugs.

My suggestion would be that every time the cat is caught scratching, you tie the cat down, get a set of pliers, and yank out one claw each time. Cats are smart and they heal quickly. They will catch on before losing too many.

I've got a bunch of cats. All I've gotta do is reach for the squirt gun and they're on the move. When I play guitar, they vacate the premisis (everybody's a critic!).

I understand completely why one would not want a box of cat sh!t in the house. And I have no defense for that one other than it's better than having to get up in the middle of the night to let 'em outside (I do that,too, for my dogs).

I do keep the door to the music room closed all the time. Even when I'm in there.

To be filed under "Cure may be worse than disease"

snarlingwolf_000.jpg

We've got 4 cats none of them bothers with my son's small line6. They do like sleeping on or in the guitar cases though.

I've had many cats since I was a kid. I can say that I've had one cat that went after my old stereo speakers, water pistol worked most of the time, but the dope would keep going back to the speakers.

My solution...A size 12 Kodiak work boot. *kidding* lol

we have 3 cats and they tend to stay away from the amps, one of my previous cats tried scratching it once, he got a decent slapping and never did it again. I'm not advocating violence on animals but a quick smack works. nothing drastic.

all 3 of them like to sleep in guitar cases too, a friends cat was known to try and curl up on his lap behind the guitar when he played sitting down..

man.. cats are strange

Fernandes Retrorocket Pro (5th harmonic feedback engaged) > Danelectro French Toast Pedal > jumpered & dimed Marshall 1962 RI > open Em chord. (It's probably what Hell sounds like) [biggrin]

The good news is the cats survived. They no longer bother amps, but they get nervous around feedback...

Can't trust a cat to learn anything you want 'em to learn.

Agreed 100% [thumbup]

They don't take hints' date=' and you have to get downright brutal with them to get the point across.

It's funny' date=' I never understood cat lovers.:- [/quote']

Me neither.

Who ever decided they were fit to be a pets anyhow?

Sounds like an awful lot of trouble to me.

Somethings gotta go, either the amps or the cats.

And I ain't selling any of my amps.

[biggrin]

I've always found it interesting how some people's houses look because they have kids on the prowl.

Then I go to somebody's house that has cats (very briefly) and it's like the house is set up for them!

Humans become the pets, in servitude to the damned cat....

:) [crying][biggrin] :D [blink]

Archived