Gibson Brands Forums

The Traditional Club

Big Bill

Any other Traditional LP players find that you can get serious twang with the right amp? The two guitars I have in my collection that are the most versatile come from the opposite end of the spectrum 52 Fender Tele RI with Broadcaster pickups and the LP traditional. I could play this thing for days. The other great thing about the LP is I can go from ultra smooth jazz tones to Chicago blues with a flip of a switch and a few tweaks on v and t knobs. No pedals, nothing just a great guitar and a Fender tube amp.

This just came Christmas Eve, several days ahead of the scheduled delivery, and made my Christmas very happy!

DSCN2024_zps95c82afb.jpg

2011 Trad Pro, P90's with tapped coils. This is the 60's neck version, which I find is no problem for me at all. BEAUTIFUL player. Beautiful Gibson!

DSCN2026_zps999b9a8e.jpg

I believe these were sold through GC, and seem to no longer be made...There were also Goldtops with P90's with the '50's neck...but I like basic black...goes well with my 2 ebony '91 SG Specials. msp_smile.gif

Merry Christmas!

mark

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Here's my re-vamped LP Trad Pro II... I just put the finishing touches on her by adding the p/up covers. I also added some PIO caps, new knobs, and the previous owner added the "Standard" truss rod cover. It has a bit of a 70's vibe which I love... and man, does she sound great! Time to leave well enough alone.

LpwCovers.jpg

LP2.jpg

And a shot of my freshly completed 2x12 Cab... you'd be hard pressed to imagine that it's being driven by a 15 watt head given the volume it puts out... it's unreal and sounds fantastic for classic rock/Jerry tones.

TheCab.jpg

Hello, everyone. New user here, having just bought my very first Gibson [biggrin]

Very happy to say it is a Traditional model, and quite a rare one to have over in the UK; 2013 LP Traditional Pro II.

Look forward to getting involved around here!

You're looks to have a nice flame going on, very nice indeed... I'm not sure that the earlier LPTP IIs had flame tops, it seems that the newer ones do however. Mine is a bit of a plain Jane but that's fine by me. I suppose you're right about that model being hard to come by there as they're a Guitar Center model. Out of curiosity, do have have UK retailer specific models there? Cheers, JG

• 1 month later...

Hello, everyone. New user here, having just bought my very first Gibson [biggrin]

Very happy to say it is a Traditional model, and quite a rare one to have over in the UK; 2013 LP Traditional Pro II.

Look forward to getting involved around here!

Nice. I'm also in the UK and recently got the same guitar, but in Iced Tea.

not_the_dj: I was looking to get mine in the Iced Tea finish as well; but my local didn't have it in this finish. Merlot was the back up choice, so I'm still very happy.

I've added a few small mods since purchase; added a nickel pickup cover to the neck, as I love the Jimmy Page #1 and #2 look of neck-covered, bridge-uncovered. Also added some Gibson Historic knob pointers, as I like to have a reference as to what controls are on what (who doesn't?).

Well here is my 2014 Traditional in HCS, so count me in as a new member of the Traditional Club! Absolutely plays, and sounds fantastic, sustain for days. Love the 59 pups! Quality and finish are superb. Never knew what I was missing out on until I had her in my hands. Excuse pics, cell phone, but best i could do for now. Hope to get some outside in good weather someday soon.

IMG_20140410_132354_270_zps42e94dda.jpg

IMG_20140410_140030_239_zps578f9ebe.jpg

IMG_20140410_132617_167_zps3056ec1c.jpg

IMG_20140410_132651_374_zpsd9a75861.jpg

IMG_20140410_140502_094_zpsfd7c56ce.jpg

IMG_20140410_140356_667_zpsd9e6013e.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

So many beautiful guitars!

Well today was the day. I finally own a Les Paul. It's hard to say "own" when it really feels like a relationship.

Anyway, here she is. 2013 Traditional with Honeyburst finish. The sun and the camera really bring out the red but I assure you, she's a honey. [biggrin]

7293803c-b458-4aea-8d0e-97f4f2c4f330.jpg

Look Ma! NO weight relief! She sings like a bird. I think I'm in love.

Gorgeous! You can't beat these 13 & 14 solid Traditional's they are simply in my opinion the best Les Paul's Gibson has put out in years!

my 2013 Light Burst Traditional

Beautiful Traditional!

• 1 month later...

This arrived today. It's a 2014 Traditional Goldtop. I've already put about 3 hours on it, and it is possibly the "best" guitar I've ever owned (too many ways to measure best, but it's making me want to play). I've fallen in love with P-90s I guess. It's just a pleasure to listen to.

It's 10 lbs 8 oz so not too heavy, but still enough bulk to feel like a real Les Paul. It's a 2014 (paperwork shows QA sign-off on 4/30/14) without the 120th year inlay, it has a 60s neck (which is what I like), and it has nibs (which I'd just as soon have full frets).

Anyway, I could not be more pleased. Can't resist touching it every time I walk in and out of my office. Definitely love!

post-65383-028824500 1401333679_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

This arrived today. It's a 2014 Traditional Goldtop. I've already put about 3 hours on it, and it is possibly the "best" guitar I've ever owned (too many ways to measure best, but it's making me want to play). I've fallen in love with P-90s I guess. It's just a pleasure to listen to.

It's 10 lbs 8 oz so not too heavy, but still enough bulk to feel like a real Les Paul. It's a 2014 (paperwork shows QA sign-off on 4/30/14) without the 120th year inlay, it has a 60s neck (which is what I like), and it has nibs (which I'd just as soon have full frets).

Anyway, I could not be more pleased. Can't resist touching it every time I walk in and out of my office. Definitely love!

WOW! Although not a fan of the Bigsby they are classic for sure, but you have a unique 2014 Traditional to say the least! Goldtop is probably my all time fav and someday I am gonna have to pull the trigger on one. Beautiful!

My 2014 Gibson Les Paul Traditional Honeyburst.

Good Googly Goop Grady! WOW! Fantastic looking top and grain! Stunning absolutely!