Gibson Brands Forums

The Traditional Club

Big Bill

Thanks Cabba and Dg. Been looking to join the club for ages and now I can't see me playing any other guitar for a long time lol! There are some stunning guitars in this thread, it doesn't help my GAS one bit even tho I've only just got a new one!

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I am considering a Traditional to mate with my SG Std. I have had a LP Std on my "to get" list for a while but am now drifting towards the Traditional. I really like the Chicago Blue, not only because I think it's beautiful but also because it's different from what most seem to want or have. Any advice?

I am considering a Traditional to mate with my SG Std. I have had a LP Std on my "to get" list for a while but am now drifting towards the Traditional. I really like the Chicago Blue, not only because I think it's beautiful but also because it's different from what most seem to want or have. Any advice?

Buy the trad!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

My brother in-law picked up one of these about 2 weeks ago (tea burst). Really sweet, I played around with it, and I love the 57 classic and 57 classic plus..

The only complaint he's had is the nut slots were too tight, lots of "plinky" sounds. But I think I solved that minor issue with a few passes with some 260 grit sandpaper and some Nut Sauce.

Beautiful guitar..