Gibson Brands Forums

Rob Halford

EVOL!

You've Got Another Thing Coming is on my workout mix. What a badass rocker. And it got me thinking' date=' how did we not know? You look up leather daddy in the dictionary and there is his photo.

[img']http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h5/simba317/TBRecap212/RobHalford.jpg[/img]

All the stuff he's wearing is available at your local fetish shop in the B&D aisle. [crying]

how did I not know?

RobHalford.jpg

Fixed! [crying]

I'm not sure how you didn't know. I knew.

Everyone I knew... knew.

No one seemed to care.

Now that I think about it' date=' not sure why anyone would now either... as they are still kicking that rock and roll ***!

[YOUTUBE']

[/YOUTUBE]

Don't get me wrong, I'm not passing *any* judgment.

What I find funny is how hetro-macho metal was in the late 70s and early 80s and here's the lead singer of one of the most metal bands of all time and he's out there in full leather daddy gear and no one knew until the 90s.

Ahhh. I did, but then I was an aspiring guitarist in the '80s and tried to know as much as I could about who was out there at the time.

I see your point though. It does seem kind of obvious, but someone had to tell me before I made the connection [confused]

I knew years ago....I had a friend who worked at the CNE (Canadian National Exhibition) in Toronto.

Long story short....Rob hit on him and asked to meet up after the show. *YUCK*

No matter, I still love Priest. Rob is what he is and you cant blame a fella for trying.

^FOOTNOTE^

My friend said "No thanks"...In case you were wondering.

It does seem kind of obvious' date=' but someone had to tell me before I made the connection [/quote']

Yeah, I had no idea till the nineties.

I mean, I thought he was a little squirrelly but that was only because he was a British rock singer.

Almost all of them are a little odd - and they play it up for an image.

Then I saw him sitting in a convertible during a parade on TV, and thought

"Hey, isn't that What'shizname?"

Turned out to be a Gay Pride parade.

I had just seen his band Fight a month or two before that.

Thought it was funny thinking about all the leather-clad biker types wanting to look like a badass....

:D/ :D/ :D/ :D/ :D/ :D/ :D/ :D/ :D/ :D/

I've known for years' date=' just didn't know in the 80s when I was a dumb, homophobe teenager.[/quote']

I actually did know in the 80's. My friends mother of all people told us. She knew a lot of people in "the business" so to speak. Even back then we all believed it but didn't care.

Archived