Gibson Brands Forums

Doing My Part To Help The Environment

Californiaman

So Cali' date='

You are the reason the globe is warming up and I've just experienced more snow in my town than in the last 15 years! Crap! My favorite pet polar bear just died because of you![/quote']

I do find it interesting that the "Global Warmers" have been using "weather phenomenon" to illustrate global warming....but now that it's been proven that the world has gotten colder in the last 15 years, NOW they say you can't use "weather phenomenon" to discredit global warming!!

What are ya carrying around in that beast? Its huuuuuge!

Not really.

The wheelbase is shorter than most pickups.

Look how far forward the rear axle is next time you see one - compared to a truck.

Yeah' date=' I like my old Suburban.

3/4 ton, 4x4.

Seven seats covered with leather, power everything, will pull a trailer 100 mph all day long - at 12 mpg.

Every guitar I own will fit in it if I pull the back seat out, with room left over for guns.

I did it when I bought the NeoCon Compound, moved it all in one trip.

(The amps and the gun safe was already there by that time...)

The newer ones get a little better mileage, but they don't put a 454 in 'em no more.

Yeah, back when gas was nearly $4 a gallon my high score was $165 to fill up the 44 gallon tank.

[blink[lol]8-[[omg][blink]:-$

Nice Wheels CMan. Looks great in white.

They tried to import them here, but they were not a big seller. I think they tried to do it on the cheap and didnt think if the market place very well. Hell, they shipped them with gun racks - what the hell? You cant carry guns around in this country nor do you need 'em.

Not well thought through - and I think we pay more for petrol here too [lol]

Cool new Wheels Caliman. Truck on up to Big Bear this spring after they open the Forest and I'll show you how to Four-by. [wink]

Side note for those who want to save the Environment. Please pack your Trash out of the aforementioned National Forest when you're through enjoying it. You wouldn't believe how many times I've seen a Hybrid drive away leaving a Bag of Trash from their Mountain Picnic or empty their Ashtray in the campground before they leave. :-[mad][lol]

Nice ride' date=' is Su[b']burbon[/b] a Freudian slip?

Yes, er... maybe no. I just got back from a 3rd grade field trip and can use a couple shots of bourbon.#-o

What are ya carrying around in that beast? Its huuuuuge!

Three kids' date=' the wife, all my gear and a baseball team.

How many mortgages do you have to take out to fill that behemoth?

It is expensive if you drive a lot. Fortunately I only average 7 miles a week.

Is it one of the flex fuel models?

It is! Now if I could just find some.[crying]

So Cali' date='

You are the reason the globe is warming up and I've just experienced more snow in my town than in the last 15 years! Crap! My favorite pet polar bear just died because of you![/quote']

Well James, I'll name my new abominable snow car after your pet polar bear. Frosty, right?

Nice Wheels CMan. Looks great in white.

Thanks Robot. I do love it. It's nice. Real nice.

Hmm I never knew that. I'll have to look next time I see one.

They have always looked so huge to me!

Yeah' date=' seriously.

Look at the distance between the front door and the rear wheel well.

Nothing in between but another door.

On a pickup, there's more distance because the axle will be centered under the bed if it's a short box.

Even further back if it's a long bed or extended cab - which most full-size trucks are now.

Mine will turn much tighter than my Chevy extended cab shortbeds would.

Parking lots/U-turns are no problem.

Here's my '99 with 150,000 miles on it.

Mrs. Neo's 2003 S-10 has about the same mileage.

[img']http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1056/1111797711_062e24188d.jpg[/img]

1111796057_2443eac5aa.jpg

Both have held up exceedingly well.

It would have been nice to get the 3/4 ton suburban, but for me at this point it's not practical. I would love the toeing capacity of that beast. The new LTs have a 5.3 V-8 and a six speed overdrive transmission. I love the leather seats and since we have 3 kids cloth never even entered into my decision. I also like the way the back seats fold down or can be completely removed. Getting into the third row of seats is also easier than before. Pull the lever and it folds back to bottom, bottom forward. I'm really glad we went with the suburban for the family. Time for a road trip.

Archived