Gibson Brands Forums

I tried a Bloomfield

deepblue

While browsing my local guitar shop (L&M) I came across a Bloomfield '59 Les Paul.

Get this..$8000 CDN!

I figure why not give it a whirl. Why not see for myself....am I missing something I thought?

The short answer...

Not a bloody thing.

My R9 sounded better unplugged, sounded more or less the same clean, and as far as a little

gain goes my Lester had a nicer bottom end and overall sound.

This just proves something I already knew.

blue, you obviously played a fake bloomie. they are made from a special selection of honduran mahogany that is much lighter and more resonant than production R9s. those guitars are very special. or so say the guys at LPF who spent $8k on an aged R9 with different knobs.

At least the price wasn't $14,115USD like shown here: http://www2.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/Les-Paul/Gibson-Custom/Michael-Bloomfield-1959-Les-Paul-Standard.aspx

blue' date=' you obviously played a fake bloomie. they are made from a special selection of honduran mahogany that is much lighter and more resonant than production R9s. those guitars are very special. or so say the guys at LPF who spent $8k on an aged R9 with different knobs.[/quote']

lol

blue' date=' you obviously played a fake bloomie. they are made from a special selection of honduran mahogany that is much lighter and more resonant than production R9s. those guitars are very special. or so say the guys at LPF who spent $8k on an aged R9 with different knobs.[/quote']

It also channels the spirit of Mike Bloomfield into the owners fingers [biggrin]

lol!...I agree. I wouldnt DARE post this over there. Theyd hunt me down.

Hey, dont get me wrong it was a nice guitar.....nothing more.

I have played one. I think the rainbow one looks really cool.

Here's what I don't like though...

I don't like how ridiculously heavy it is, I don't like the control layout, or the carved top, and I especially don't like the pickups.

I'd buy a rainbow one if it was really cheap. I'd swap the pickups immediately.

I have played one. I think the rainbow one looks really cool.

Here's what I don't like though...

I don't like how ridi****usly heavy it is' date=' I don't like the control layout, or the carved top, and I especially don't like the pickups.

I'd buy a rainbow one if it was really cheap. I'd swap the pickups immediately.[/quote']

I didnt like the pups but i liked how it played.

I dont really care about the weight.

Archived