Gibson Brands Forums

This is what a 10% oversized Les Paul looks like

mcmurray

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
OH my goodness you can tell how important a signature release is when its falls from grace so very fast. Nothing think kiddy toys from a Nintendo on what used to be a musical instrument. Oh well what do you expect from a person who locks himself in a chicken coop and wears a mask for inspiration. I still say LP is turning over in his grave on this guitar wanna-be.

Oh you dont **** with Nintendo.

You can make fun of guitar but you dont not ****ing with Nintendo!

[-([thumbup]

OH my goodness you can tell how important a signature release is when its falls from grace so very fast. Nothing think kiddy toys from a Nintendo on what used to be a musical instrument. Oh well what do you expect from a person who locks himself in a chicken coop and wears a mask for inspiration. I still say LP is turning over in his grave on this guitar wanna-be.

Shocking. It only took you til the 2nd page to bring your negativity.

apparently you have over-looked some of the strange contraptions Mr Les Paul has come up with[blink]

The Log. Not exactly a thing of beauty. Unbound by tradition' date=' Les set out to form a new dimension in guitars. It's difficult to imagine someone with such unrestricted creativity being put off by something so trivial as a person's choice of stage-persona.

[img']http://mixonline.com/Online_Extras_Main_Page/log-cu.gif[/img]

My Dad, the man I most respected in all the world, once commented "If he's so good, why does he have to wear that stupid hat?" when seeing Chuck Mangione for the first time. I asked him if he really believed the choice to wear a hat had anything to do with musical ability. He looked at me for a moment and laughed, "Of course not. It was a stupid thing to say. But I still don't like the hat."

I'm really glad he was able to make the distinction and respond as maturely and wisely as he did. Otherwise he might have ruined the rest of the performance for everyone else who didn't really give a rat's rump about what Mangione was wearing. Especially if every time Chuck came out, he felt he had to say something about his stupid hat. What a drag THAT would've been. Just sayin'...

+:-@ +:-@ +:-@

*STOP YOUR WHINING BOSS*

That youtube video.... maybe they should just put buttons on the fretboard..... That would be really cool. :)

Whatever' date=' not my cup of tea. I think its stupid and completely overpriced. Scale is stupid.

But I hope y'allins like it[/quote']

1961_gibson_sg_les_paul.jpg

Les Paul thought this was Stupid.

Beware naysayers, Kill switch buttons just might be the next Tremolo Bridge. It took Hendrix using it right to make it accepted, before him most "Pros" and wannabes left that "Stupid" thing off of there.

To the point: I would love to listen to some more of this strange and interesting Lester! As soon as you do get them mates (and I hope that it's soon enough) we would like pics, reviews and soundclips!

For what it's worth, I would rather have a kill-switch that a tremolo arm on my guitar any day...

Just a side note:

What makes me optimistic, is the fact that for every negative, narrow-minded, short-sighted d!ckhead in this forum, there are about 10 others, mature, open and full of acceptance individuals to put him in his place. Nothing to add.

Hey, the kill switches are just another thing to add dimension and variety to the music. I have nothing against them.

If I were designing the guitar, I'd rather have them on more discretely (little buttons, more recessed into the wood,) but it might be nice to have them on a guitar.

BH isn't the first one to use kill switches, and he uses them purposefully. Other musicians can use them purposefully, too.

Also, I used to be in the "one player, one scale-length" camp, but after giving my dad's Tele some quality time, I found that it's really not too hard for me to adjust to a different scale length. So yeah, I'd be willing to give the long neck a try, I'd be willing to deal with the oversized body (I think it looks pretty cool) and I wouldn't mind the kill-switches, even if they might not get so much use. I'd find a place for them, though.

But hey, if you don't like it that's fine too. I'd be willing to give it a go.

That youtube video.... maybe they should just put buttons on the fretboard..... That would be really cool. :-

Whatever' date=' not my cup of tea. I think its stupid and completely overpriced. Scale is stupid.

But I hope y'allins like it[/b']

Just wanted to quote myself, so people could read it. I think its stupid. I can't have an opinion anymore? :)

I originally read the price would be higher. That's my mistake.

I do hope y'allins like it though. If you are into that stuff, its a great guitar. But not for me.

Geez guys, you really turn people off of thinking for themselves. [cool]

Fred' date=' I just wanted to quote myself in my own defense.

If you don't like it, that's fine.

[/quote']

I'll quote you and say you are alright. It's not you I'm talking about.

Mcmurray is being a d¡ck and saying that I'm wrong and making an *** out of myself because I don't like it.

Fxck him

Fred I think you're cool' date=' but in this particular case you came off like a hammer-head.[biggrin']

All I said was, that I thought it was stupid. I haven't played one and probably one. Although I think its stupid, I said I hope you all like it. If you like it, more power to you, but to me, its stupid.

I want to put a bigsby on my strat. That may seem stupid to you, but cool to me. Who gives a flying sh¡t?

All I said was' date=' that I thought it was stupid. I haven't played one and probably one. Although I think its stupid, I said I hope you all like it. If you like it, more power to you, but to me, its stupid.

I want to put a bigsby on my strat. That may seem stupid to you, but cool to me. Who gives a flying ****?

[/quote']

Actually a Bigsby on a Strat might be really cool.

All I said was' date=' that I thought it was stupid. I haven't played one and probably one. Although I think its stupid, I said I hope you all like it. If you like it, more power to you, but to me, its stupid.

I want to put a bigsby on my strat. That may seem stupid to you, but cool to me. Who gives a flying ****?

[/quote']

My definition of "stupid" differs form yours, especially when it comes to instruments..... You're entitled to your own definition in regards to guitar features. [cool]

IMO, if you were to push that red button and it did nothing but plunger up and down, then I would probably consider it stupid[biggrin]

But I do agree there is no need for two red buttons that accomplish the same effect. Which is why I'm removing one and using that space for a Fernandez Sustainer module.[biggrin]

My definition of "stupid" differs form yours' date=' especially when it comes to instruments..... You're entitled to your own definition in regards to guitar features. [cool']

IMO, if you were to push that red button and it did nothing but plunger up and down, then I would probably consider it stupid[biggrin]

But I do agree there is no need for two red buttons that accomplish the same effect. Which is why I'm removing one and using that space for a Fernandez Sustainer module.[cool]

See, that's the thing. I think that they are stupid, but I also think that smart cars are stupid. they have a purpose, just like the buckethead sig.

For me, I will never buy either.

If you use them, that's cool. I don't plan on it.

Oh well, here's another, sh¡t goes my way, and anyone that speaks out about it is wrong.

Isn't a forum for public OPINION [biggrin]

Oh well, nothing new

Archived