Gibson Brands Forums

Dove MEN+CARE bar soap.

duane v

I've been a Irish Spring dude pretty much my whole life, and in emergencies I use my English Leather soap, but without warning I ran out.... We went to the local Target last night and to make matters worse, they didn't have any in stock (very strange)[confused]

Despondent, this young fella taps me on the shoulder and hands me a 4-pack of this Dove MEN+CARE bar soap, and tells me to "give it a try." My wife looks at me and tells me "go for it, you can't smell any worse than you already do."[biggrin]

This has to be the best bar soap ever..... My skin doesn't at all feel ashy or itchy, and it has a cool fragrance. Even with lotion my skin always felt a little itchy with the Irish Spring and English Leather soap, but not any more[thumbup].[biggrin]

I recently tried the L'oreal "ICE COLD EYE REFRESHER STICK" which is basically a small pen like thing with a metal ball that you roll on under your eyes to reduce bags and puffyness if you've had a "hard night" as per the box says. It feels good in the morning, and my gf says I look refreshed. Give it a try for those who are brave and manly.

Irish Spring, English Leather and other fragrant soaps will be drying due to the perfumes they put in them. Dove is mild soap without harsh perfumes. I use it on my face and it's great. My only beef is a friend told me it's tested on animals (I don't know if it's true or not) and that upsets me. But it's good soap. I think it's better to use regular soap on your skin and if you want fragrance, use fragrance.

I like plain old fashioned Ivory soap but it doesn't like me. It works well but unless I drown myself in anti-perspirant I will regret it by the afternoon. I typically use Dial and that works well as to b.o. but seems to dry the skin a little.

I like the idea that Dove is using "real people" in their tv and magazine ads and I even went so far as to comment via email.

Everyone else in the family uses that body wash stuff. Gawd, I tried that stuff and I almost had to take the pressure washer to my hide to get the slime off.

Whatever Mrs. Cruzn puts in my shower is what I use. But my HAIR gets Sea Plasma shampoo and moisturizing spray. And my ol' bod gets squirted with either Aramis or Pi afterwards and I'm good to go.

PS; I LOVE the look I get from the pretty little girls at the cosmetics counter with I ask for "Ga-VINCHy Pie, please". :-

Whatever Mrs. Cruzn puts in my shower is what I use. But my HAIR gets Sea Plasma shampoo and moisturizing spray. And my ol' bod gets squirted with either Aramis or Pi afterwards and I'm good to go.

PS; I LOVE the look I get from the pretty little girls at the cosmetics counter with I ask for "Ga-VINCHy Pie' date=' please". [cool

Thats pretty much the same for me, but a few years back my wife started using then selling Arbonne products and I would never go back to store bought soaps. I bet half of you would stop using them also if you knew what they put in them. Road kill and such goes to rendering factories and they use the fat and byproducts in soaps and cosmetics. When my wife showed it to me it really grossed me out. That is the part that leaves soap scum in your bath!

The Arbonne is 100% natural made from plants and works better than about anything I've ever found, and it leaves no soap scum!

Another fan!

I thought I was the only man who liked this stuff. It's great!

I got a free bar with a regular batch of Dove soap at Costco a few months ago and tried it. I loved it.

On my last trip to Costco, I told myself, "If they have any of that soap, I'm getting it."

Sure enough, they did. I'm all stocked up.

Told the two women who checked me out at the register how great it was when they asked me. They were a couple of teases too. Talking about the wine I bought and my soap. They were smelling the box and checking me out too. I told them, "There was a time when I was single that I'd invite you both back to my place for a few glasses of wine and then we could try out the soap."

They laughed.

Seriously though. Great stuff. My new favorite soap. Hope they keep making it.

Man, people need to start using milder soaps and less cologne factory scents. You'll dry out less. Vegetable soaps are the way to go. After years of drying out and being itchy, I switched to this

07497226000?hei=248&wid=248&op_sharpen=1&resMode=sharp&op_usm=0.9,0.5,0,0

Omg we are discussing soap now lol.

I use Old Spice body wash and usually a good quality shampoo and conditioner . I also try to use Nivea body moisturizer for men every 2nd day..I put on Zoop cologne after I shave.

That's it now I see a new poll coming from this thread lol

Btw Dove...it does rock...I've used it off and on for a long time but I rather use a scrubby in order to feel all nice and clean :D

I just bought some of that Dove men+care yesterday. There were two to pick from, one "extra omigod refreshing" and "deep cleaning". I chose the deep cleaning. It seems okay so far, a little slimier than I'm used to, and the bar has grit in it, not like Lava but like if you flicked a pinch of pepper at the bar. A little weird in the shower, I kept thinking there was a hair stuck to the bar or something.

I just bought some of that Dove men+care yesterday. There were two to pick from' date=' one "extra omigod refreshing" and "deep cleaning". I chose the deep cleaning. It seems okay so far, a little slimier than I'm used to, and the bar has grit in it, not like Lava but like if you flicked a pinch of pepper at the bar. A little weird in the shower, I kept thinking there was a hair stuck to the bar or something.[/quote']

I believe it's actually oatmeal in the bar.

So it doubles as a quick breakfast before you rush out the door in the morning.[blush]

I believe it's actually oatmeal in the bar.

So it doubles as a quick breakfast before you rush out the door in the morning.[biggrin]

Yum! Dove flavored oatmeal. That'll keep you regular.

Archived