Gibson Brands Forums

Jeff Beck

jeffmusic

It’s the year of the guitar masters! Eric Clapton, Joe Satriani, Jonny Lang, Kenny Wayne Shepherd, and Jeff Beck are just a part of the incredible collection of guitarists performing around the US (and beyond) this winter.

The guitar legend Jeff Beck who was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame twice, once as a member of the Yardbirds in 1992, and then as a solo artist in 2009, recently won his fifth Grammy award in the Best Rock Instrumental Performance category for a version of the Beatles’ “Day in the Life”.

Currently Jeff Beck tour continues with Eric Clapton. The two guitar icons have both been a part of the British rock band The Yardbirds, but not at the same time. They started their collaboration in 2008 when Beck invited Clapton to join him for a series of gigs in London. A year later they got together for a few shows in Japan and this year they kicked the Eric Clapton US four month tour starting with a dazzling show at the O2 Arena in London.

Jeff Beck and Eric Clapton each perform a set with their own band before doing a joint set. The duo will make a stop in New York, Montreal and Toronto.

Beck will be performing songs from his new album, “Emotion & Commotion,” which is to be released in the middle of April. The 65-year-old Beck showed what he’s made of when he performed in London accompanied by a large string section and his new touring quartet including whirlwind drummer Narada Michael Walden and bassist Rhonda Smith.

Among the songs Beck chose for his show at the O2 Arena were his interpretation of Benjamin Britten’s "Corpus Christi Carole," "People Get Ready," "Big Block," "Hammerhead," and the Irish "Elegy for Dunkirk," with the stunning violin part performed by Sharon Corr.

The combined talent of Jeff Beck and Eric Clapton is probably the hottest combination this season. Cheap Jeff Beck Tickets are already on sale and are selling quite quickly. Beck is also to tour solo in the UK in October hitting the Bournemouth BIC, Brighton Centre, Birmingham Symphony Hall, Glasgow Clyde Auditorium, Manchester Apollo, Sheffield City Hall, Bristol Colston Hall, Cardiff St David’s Hall and London Royal Albert Hall. His tour will also visit the US and Canada as well as Australasia.

I've always liked Jeff Beck. Then after I saw the DVD "Live At Ronnie Scott's" and saw his amazing technique, I realized that he is perhaps the most technically proficient guitar player in rock today.

If you can rent that one, do it.

I've been a musician all my life, played with and/or warmed up for some of the greats in concert, and my jaw doesn't drop very easily. Some of the things Jeff did on that video, definitely made my jaw drop.

Insights and incites by Notes.

I just checked his tour schedule and it shows June 11 @ Chastain Park in Atlanta. However it isn't listed on the venues schedule nor are tickets on sale. I'll have to keep my eye on this one, I'd love to see him.

Notes I agree "Live at Ronnie Scotts" really shows off his expertise. Amazing player.

I managed to get on the guest list for Jeff Becks' show at the symphony hall last year. He was brilliant, playing with the vigor of a man a third his age and the technical skill of a man twice it. I would recommend it, if you get the chance go you will be impressed and have a great night out.

Beck is a legend.

Its too bad Claptons on tour with Beck. Eric lowers the talent mojo. *grin*

Seen Clapton twice and both times it was dreary and monotonous and he looked bored playing. I've seen Beck twice

too and both times he was on fire.

Its too bad Claptons on tour with Beck. Eric lowers the talent mojo. *grin*

No, No...just different styles. It's ok to like one or the other better. But, I've never felt

Clapton brought anyone's "talent mojo" down. Increased it, maybe... They've been friends,

for decades, and mutual admirers, too.

CB

I saw Clapton once at the Staples Center in 2007. Derek Truck and Doyle Bramhall II were on board and Robert Cray opened. I wasn't board at ALL!

In fact, it was the best Layla I'd EVER HEARD, even better than the original recording. Then Crossroads at the end with Clapton, Trucks, Bramhall, and Cray was almost too much to take in, like it wasn't happening. Not to mention Crays opening set was absolutely GREAT!

I'll be trying to see this Beck and Clapton show if it comes to California, that's for sure.

Archived