Gibson Brands Forums

Ring Tones

saturn

I'm not one of "those guys" who has a stupid ring tone for everyone to hear when my cell phone goes off. Are you?

But sometimes I think it would be funny to have some unique tones. If I was to ever get some, here's three I think would be cool, that no one else likely has: [cool]

1. The insanely goofy keyboard music at the very end of Monty Python and the Holy Grail

2. Uncle Rico's theme music from Napoleon Dynamite

3. Eddie Murphy screaming "ICE CREAM!" from his classic Delirious bit.

Any other good (or bad) idea? :-k

I have different ringtones for different notifications, but it's only on a sound-making setting when I'm home or with my friends in a private place. In public, it's on vibrate in my pocket. I don't want to hear other people's, they don't want to hear mine.

Around Christmas, I had four different recordings from Elf. They were great.

My ringtone used to be ''Remedy'' from Black Crowes and I got revently bored with it,so now it's the ''Man on the silver mountain'' by Rainbow.

Oh, and when my wife / home is calling, it's ''Sweet child o' mine'' by G'n'R. In all occassions, I do get tempted sometimes not to answer it, just because I'm enjoying the songs playing! [biggrin]

Mine is the one that came with the phone and was the least annoying. Since my phone is around five years old, I was thinking about getting another one just so I could have the Pink Panther theme as a ring tone. Or maybe a Nick Manning sound clip from the Howard Stern Show.

I've a friend whose cell sounds like a woman having an orgasm when it rings. [biggrin]

Its even more hilarious when he leaves it on ring purposely...

When we go to lessons' date=' I always ring it

[biggrin

The whole class and the teacher always hear it!

I guess I'm one of "those" guys. I have my phone tell me who the call is from, so that qualifies as "different for everyone". I also have a different tone for each of my family's text messages. I've never paid to download a ringtone, though. You have to draw the line somewhere....

[biggrin]

I've had these for some time now...

Regular Calls ...The opening of The Who's "Baba O'Riley"

Work calling ....Steely Dans "Dirty Work"

Alarms.............Jimmy Buffet "Margaretaville"

[lol]

[lol]

I would love to hear it ring in public and see those faces! I would LMFAO!!!

its one of those songs that makes anything funny lol

everytime it rings i always see to guys carrying a pane of glass over a road...a car always drives through it and then into boxes filled with chickens and watermelons[confused]

I like mine to sound like a telephone or to do the silent buzz...

A friend of mine set his up with a ringtone that called out very loudly when another friend called, "Axxhole Calling!" three or four times per "ring."

Problem is, it went off that way in a rather important political meeting and... sheesh, here's a 50-something guy with about as big a blush as you might imagine.

Now I think all his ringtones are music.

m

Ummm.... you know the Geico commercial where the old dude and the lizard are in the men's room and as the commercial ends, the guy's phone goes off and it's this irritating white dorky rap, "A-ringiddy dong ding ding-ee dong...."

That's my ringtone.

Before that I was using "Give me back that Filet o' Fish...."

I like mine to sound like a telephone or to do the silent buzz...

A friend of mine set his up with a ringtone that called out very loudly when another friend called' date=' "Axxhole Calling!" three or four times per "ring."

Problem is, it went off that way in a rather important political meeting and... sheesh, here's a 50-something guy with about as big a blush as you might imagine.

Now I think all his ringtones are music.

m

[/quote']

That would have been a riot! lol

My dad set his blackberry up to do that when one of his friends calls and when they were together, along with about 5 other couples, he told his friend that he got a smart phone. His friend ask "whats a smart phone?" Dad says just call my number and you'll see what I mean....... yeah we got a big laugh out of that one! :) Now everybody calls the poor guy axxhole.[biggrin]

Archived