Gibson Brands Forums

Sold My Stratocaster

Californiaman

I've been wanting to sell my 1983 Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster for some time now. I posted it again this week on the local craigslist. It wasn't one day before I got a real reply. The guy told me he'd been looking for a siena burst stratocaster with a rosewood neck and that he already had a 1983 siena burst with a maple neck. He told me he wanted it.

Anyway, I've got a good down payment on a new amplifier or guitar. I bought the strat for $650.00 three or four years ago. I sold it for $750.00 today.

It had everything it originally came with.

Good guitar after I put heavier tremolo springs in it.

Played her yesterday for about an hour before letting her go.

I won't miss her. I'm already looking forward to picking out something new.

I do want a Les Paul or Explorer, but I also like them 60's RI Sea Foam Green Strats at Wildwood.

I got rid of my Strat a couple months ago. I'm really not a Strat guy. It was fun to play but I could never bond with the C-shaped neck and the middle pickup would always get in the way of my strumming hand (oddly enough, that's not an issue with my PRS 513). Anyways, my biggest beef with that guitar was the neck and I haven't touched a Strat since I sold mine but a part of me wants to get another one, though. Go figure!! I may get a CS Strat one day with a fat, FAT neck. If they make one with a neck as fat as my Tele's neck, I'll bite. White w/maple neck. Mmmm...

I sold the only one I ever had, too. Don't see myself buying another one, it was good for an American Standard. '96.

I put the 2 extra springs on, and set it to not float, and it served me well. The clear was chipping off the neck in freaking chunks though, kinda looked like hell pretty quick.

Me and Fenders just don't get along.........

Well I'm already looking for either a good Fender Stratocaster or a good Les Paul.

But we'll see, maybe I'll go completely crazy and get something so unusual.

I do like those National Resophonics. Played a few of them two weekends ago.

Like that. Like it a lot.

Snapshot2010-04-1921-21-36.jpg

Well I'm already looking for either a good Fender Stratocaster or a good Les Paul.

But we'll see' date=' maybe I'll go completely crazy and get something so unusual.

I do like those National Resophonics. Played a few of them two weekends ago.

Like that. Like it a lot.[/quote']

Caliman - I understand that there is an ex-Hendrix Strat on sale at the moment - genuine article.

Should be cheap.[blink]

My wife was kind of worried about me.

She asked me a couple times, "Are you alright with selling it?"

Then she told me if it were her that she would have been sad having to part with a guitar she played frequently.

"It's alright," I told her. "I can now get a better Stratocaster or a Les Paul or a new amplifier and cabinet.

She's OK with it. So am I.

I love the color of your strat cookieman. I like mine okay, but it doesn't come close to a LP. I would like mine to have maple fingerboard instead of rosewood. Recently I had a red tele deluxe that I traded, it was alright, but I wanted to have a plain tele without the fishman piezo bridge.

Archived