Gibson Brands Forums

Guilty (un)pleasure

MojoRedFoot

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I've never made it a secret that I don't get all the fuss over Led Zep. Really respect them as musicians but Bonham's powerful drumming aside there is very little there that grabs my ear.

Dave Mathews Band is the same for me. My younger brother thinks they're great and I'll agree the band can play lights out but when you add his vocals UGGGHHHH!!

Lynard Skinard.

Sweet home Alabama my butt, their from freaking Tampa.

as a HUGE white stripes fan' date=' I can tell you this: it's a love hate relationship. People either like everything he does or they can't stand it. It's eccentric, and so full of energy. I dig it. [/quote']

I really like them, but I can't listen to one of their records from start to finish because Meg has to be the worst drummer I've ever heard. I wish someone would beat her to death with that ride she can't seem to get off of.

Lynard Skinard.

Sweet home Alabama my butt' date=' their from freaking Tampa.

I really like them, but I can't listen to one of their records from start to finish because Meg has to be the worst drummer I've ever heard. I wish someone would beat her to death with that ride she can't seem to get off of.

[/quote']

She is god awful. I was watching a video on youtube, and some guy was like Meg White sucks as a drummer, another guy wrote, IDK what you are talking about, she is super talented, blah blah blah. A final guy chimes in and writes she's got huge t*ts! Who cares? :D It made me laugh

I like to think she is an amazing drummer, because I have yet to find someone who can play just like her, with all the random off beats, but stay how she does.

DMB!! Buncha hippies!! Plus Dave has a house near the University...I saw him at the Apple store once...hehehe

Oh yuck [biggrin] I don't really have a problem w/ him as a person but can't stand his music. I thought his little cameo in "I now Pronouce You Chuck and Larry" pretty funny.

This started from the Eagles thread. What are those bands you don't like and everyone thinks you're crazy for not liking?

Me...I don't like Pink Floyd. A few people think I'm wierd because I don't like Rush. I know this is a horrible thing to say in a Gibson forum but I do not own anything by Led Zepplin. I like them but not enough to buy an album. I have a few songs on my computer.

Whereas I respect both Rush and Zep for their outstanding musical abilities I cannot stand the sound of either Geddy Lee or Robert Plant's voices. Why they desire to sing an octave above any girl I know is beyond me but obviously millions loved it. Not me, though.

I do like Floyd but gotta admit that every one of their songs is a 'slow' song. I think the fastest tempo I ever heard on a Floyd song was 'Another Brick in the Wall'. Those who condemn them for doing the 'same thing over and over' do have a case.

Archived