Gibson Brands Forums

1 dollar online copyrights

533online

The copyright office should make it as easy and cheap to copyright original material as it is to steal it. A dollar to upload and copyright a single photo or song is not unreasonable, expecting a musician to pay thirty five dollars to copyright a single song, is. Waiting to compile a catalogue of songs to copyright them all at once, is asking someone to steal your music.

Email the U.S. Copyright Office urging them to offer reasonable rates to up load and copyright single songs and poems. In the age of cell phones and mp3 recorders, nearly ubiquitous means of copying materials played or sung aloud, it is imperative that poets, musicians and song writers have an almost instantaneous method to copyright their works. Music pirates and parasites are everywhere, anyone who writes knows this, and we all need to be able to upload and copyright a song as soon as it is written to maintain our rights to those lyrics and music.

Write the copyright office and your congressmen and women and demand that the U.S. Copyright Office allow musicians and other artists to be able to setup secure individual accounts whereby we can be charged a given fee for an account and then up load works individually, for say a dollar, until our charges are depleted, then we can renew our subscription, to protect our work. Do this and the endless lawsuits to prove ownership of intellectual property will cease.

I don't care if I make a dime off my music, but if Anybody does, I want the first nickle.

I think it's a STUPID idea.

If any idiot with a cell phone could get a copyright without doing any legwork, there would be a larger backlog of crap being copyrighted, and even more lawsuits over stupidity.

I like the fact that it's a little bit of trouble, and takes a little time, and is an investment.

If your idea isn't worth $35.00, I rest my case.

[-(

Sounds like a wannabe song writer, who hasn't got the scratch to copyright all his songs because nobody is buying his songs.

Maybe he should take a music composition class. [blink]

^ My wife's cousins from WV

The one on the right must be a drummer. And the stage is not quite level. He's drooling out of only one corner of his mouth. [blink]

I've seen that photo before, actually I think someone used one of the 'brothers' as an avatar at one time. Is that photo for real? Who are they?

If any idiot with a cell phone could get a copyright without doing any legwork' date=' there would be a larger backlog of crap being copyrighted, and even more lawsuits over stupidity.

I like the fact that it's a little bit of trouble, and takes a little time, and is an investment.

If your idea isn't worth $35.00, I rest my case.

[blink

+1

Add to this, what do you do when the super-easy copyright documentation process allows someone else to rip off and copyright the song they cell-phone recorded standing outside your rehearsal space? Maybe you're not done writing it, but what do they care?

Archived