Gibson Brands Forums

Got my first gig this coming Saturday night....

daveinspain

May 15th... Only two rehearsals left before the gig.... [blink] My first public gig as a guitar player. I guess what they say is true... It's never too late...

Good luck, Dave.... break a leg..... Keep us posted on how it goes.

Congrats Dave. You still playing all rhythm? Kick a$$ and Enjoy yourself!

Yeah but leads too. The other guitarist plays an acoustic so all the tunes that have solos/leads I do... I supply the rock pads as well. Actually it's a nice combination... acoustic and electric.... The rest of the group is Bass, drums and two singers, male and female....

Dave let me give ya a quote from Merle Haggard in this months American Songwriter magazine.

The Hag on stage fright:"I don't worry about going onstage anymore, I finally realized that the stage fright is the fear of

people paying attention to you........and they don't do that. They're too wrapped up in their own f***ing s***. So go out and have fun and be yourself, because you can't be anything else, anyway."

A real gem....

Have a ball....ALL NIGHT LONG!

[biggrin] Just realized this is Sunday mourning so.........I hope you had fun last night![lol]

What axe's are you taking? Do you have Hercules stands? What amp are you using? Spare/backup tubes? Spare strings/picks/batteries/cords/Fingerease/(backup amp?).....

He, heeeee................

:-k

Piece of cake. Tear em' up, my man.

Archived