Gibson Brands Forums

Too old to wear band T-shirts?

MojoRedFoot

Some people think you get to be a certain age and you should no longer wear band T-shirts. I just turned 29 and I still do. I have approx 40 T-Shirts and 1 hoodie (I think 30 of them are Metallica shirts). Has anybody else ever heard this claim? Just curious.

i wore my metallica t last yr when i saw them, and no matter what rock/metal gig i go to you will always see blokes in there 50's n 60's (propper old school headbangers) in there band t's...ROCK ON DUDES! :)

heres me in the t at the gig [cool]

Photo0049.jpg

You broke the rule Steve....the one rule I do know about band shirts....and agree with....

Unless you bought the shirt at the show, never wear a shirt with the band you are going to see......duh..we know you like em! You're at the show! hehehehe

More like a guideline I guess cuz there's always tons of people doing it...

Glad to see I'm not alone. A friend of mine mentioned it once. He's about 5 or so years older than me. After Opeth came to town, he decided it was a dumb rule. Someone else had said to him and he said it to me. He started wearing his shirts again. I think the subject came up in the documentary "Heavy Metal: A Headbanger's Journey."

You broke the rule Steve....the one rule I do know about band shirts....and agree with....

Unless you bought the shirt at the show' date=' never wear a shirt with the band you are going to see......duh..we know you like em! You're at the show! hehehehe

More like a guideline I guess cuz there's always tons of people doing it...[/quote']

The only time I break this rule is when I see TYR. I actually wear a TYR shirt to EVERY concert I go to these days. Except Metallica shows. If I ever win Meet n Greet passes for Metallica again, I will wear TYR and push Lars to have them open.

"I've never heard that. If I did, I would ignore it anyway. You're never too old to Rock 'n Roll if you're too young to die..."

I don't - but mostly 'cuz of individual personality. T-shirts are fine. I just prefer plain ones although I've some rodeo ones. Just seldom have anyplace to wear them and I'm a lot more into shirts with at least two pockets.

But... yeah, if you're too old for Rock 'n' roll, you shudda been planted already.

I will admit that the older you get the more you still like the music you heard when you were a "kid." Or played when you were a kid. Or... Hmmmmm. Wouldn't mind playing now? <grin>

m

I don't think I'll ever quit wearing band shirts. One of my favorite shirts is an Iron Maiden shirt with Eddie riding on a motorcycle. The back says 'Maiden England'. I swear I got it around 1989, and I just wore it this past week... Up The Irons! Another of my favorites is from Metallica's ...And Justice For All tour with Lady Justice on the front, and a list of US cities and dates on the back.

I never buy into this "Mysterious Litmus Age Threshold" that you pass and suddenly you have to be different than you were.

I am going to be 41 this year and I don't feel any different than I did when I was 18.

I still play in an 80's era Speed/Thrash Metal band, I still listen to all kinds of extreme metal, I wear concert shirts and whatever else I feel like wearing and I laugh at people who tell me I need to "grow up" and act like someone else's idea of how an adult is.

You are who you are, some people change and "grow out" of stuff, that's fine but if you don't so what.

snip...My favorite is an Evanescence shirt' date=' 'cause it's Black writing on Dark Grey material. Very cool looking.[/quote']

Yeah, I like shirts like that too. Subdued imagery.

I have a Black Sabbath shirt like that, it's just the devil/angel logo. You have to look twice to see it, really cool.

Kind of looks like this but the shirt is darker and the image is blended in more.

FallenAngel.jpg

Archived