Gibson Brands Forums

NGD, flame if you want I don't care.

bluzhammer

Lollar p-90's... very nice... Ain't nothing wrong with that axe... I am not sure why you would expect a flame... Maybe your other guitar is an L5 ??

How much did run you ?? A lot of damage ?

No L5's , several Gibsons and one PRS ( that a couple of members flamed, ;) ). Anyways, that model the 290 is around $2500.00 out the door. I bounced around the Collings dealer list and they price out the same everywhere.

Nobody should flame you for that guitar - I have a TV yellow model 290 it's a solid well made guitar with a great bluesy tone.

retrosurfer1959, any pics are more than welcome...if I like the black one, I'll like the yellow double ;)

Sweet looking guitar!

Collings has a good reputation for their instruments over here in the UK.

Pardon my ignorance but does 'Highway 290' pass through Austin' date=' Texas?[/quote']

Yes it does, I think all of the electric lines are named after some highway or landmark in and about Austin.

I was well aware of the TOP quality acoustic guitars they make,, SWEEET acoustics but didnt know that they were producing electrics,, that looks sweet to me !! and the fact that its a limited production guitar should insure its resale value should you ever decide to part with it,, which you very well may not !!

Okay, take this as a "flame" if you will...

But honestly, I think we're talking here a "boutique" guitar that's in something of a different class from Gibson.

It's kinda the difference between a Cadillac and a Rolls.

Heck, I can't afford a Caddie... and I recognize some of the hand-made benefits of the Rolls. The Caddie certainly "plays" most of the time better than my Jeep. But frankly I'd still prefer a Jeep if I were rich because it does what I need quite well and one has a relatively easy time keeping things operating well.

$2,500 for a solidbody made with exceptional craftsmanship? Okay. I'd just as soon have a Gibson SG with P90s for the same reason I'd still drive a Jeep if I had lotza cash. And what the heck, neither a well-appointed Jeep or Gibson are exactly low-end junque.

EDIT: BTW - yeah, it's a fine guitar and I hope as much as anyone that you enjoy playing it for years to come.

m

Archived