Gibson Brands Forums

What is the Best Bang For your Buck For a New Gibson Right Now

CajunBlues

Bang for Buck and Gibson don't go together, IMO. You want a Lot Of Bang for a Little Buck, go for an Upscale Epi. Les Paul Ultra, Sheraton II, Masterbilt Acoustic, stuff like that. You PAY for the Gibson Name, not features.

That's not to say Gibson's aren't worth it, They are Top of the Line and That Headstock will lend you a certain amount of respect on stage, deserved or not. That's the way of the Audience, they judge, that's what people do.

Bang for Buck and Gibson don't go together' date=' IMO.[/quote']

I don't know man, that SG is a fine guitar.

I gotta tell ya, a Studio is a damned good gigging guitar for the money. I bought mine for a backup, and because I hadn't had a Lester in a long time, and I find myself wearing it more and more.

I'm gonna vote Studio Les Paul.

Guest BentonC

I love the SG Classic. Great fully featured SG for not a lot of money.

I'm also a really big fan of the SG Special Faded models as well. (the Les Paul Studio Faded- aka Vintage Mahogany- is nice too for the LP fans out there). Not a lot of cosmetic features, but the tone and feel do more than make up for it. I don't think you can find too many other hand-built-in-the-USA guitars out there at that price range...

(@FirstMeasure: I agree that there are also some excellent Epis out there too! The Sheraton II can't be beat.)

Used BFG, lots of them on ebay I think it is the best bang for your buck for a gigging musician. You can get ton's of different tones from the BB3 and the P90, if you don't like the look of a BFG, then you can also find the studio with BFG electronics, which is like a modded out studio.

J

I don't know man' date=' that SG is a fine guitar.

I gotta tell ya, a Studio is a damned good gigging guitar for the money. I bought mine for a backup, and because I hadn't had a Lester in a long time, and I find myself wearing it more and more.

I'm gonna vote Studio Les Paul.

[/quote']

I was thinking Below $1000. Certainly nothing wrong with a Studio LP or any SG.

Guest BentonC

charlie brown- Good call on the 50s Tribute Studio w/ P-90s. That is one amazing guitar- and a great deal too!

charlie brown- Good call on the 50s Tribute Studio w/ P-90s. That is one amazing guitar- and a great deal too!

Thanks, Benton, how are you? We've spoken on the phone, several times, in the past. Thanks, for all your (previous) help!

NOW, if I could only GET mine (Gold Top)....Ordered it through E.M. Shorts, in Wichita, Ks. and has been, since before the floods, but it sounds like it could take months? I hope to get it, before then...but, "time will tell?" ;>b

You guys must be going crazy, trying to get back into production, huh? Best of luck, to all concerned!

Cheers,

CB

Archived